Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bigfoot

Tuffleye curing light question

Not sure but I think they will. Only way to is to try it.

I am running super low on CCG I have left and they are not worth that much for the little you get, so any reasonable sales be good for me.

I know tuffleye can be cured With blue and clear lights now. But depending on how the resin is formulated will dictate what light spectrum it needs to cure correctly.

The Tuffleye light, emiting blue light, should not catalyse the polymeration of any of the UV-sensitive resins. In my experience it doesn't work with CCG, CRL UV760, or Pavelka's Magic Gloss.

Will the tuffleye curing light cure all of the uv products for sale on the market? Thanks for any help.

go to the tuffleye website and it will tell you

Norm nailed it. The sun gives us a pretty complete spectrum. And at an excellent price! Of course if (like me) you tye at night you may be looking for an indoor light source that will cure all the light-activated resins. I think your best bet would be one of the tungsten halogens. I know they put out UV (most of the lamps come with a UV filter.) And they obviously emit lots of visible light. I don't know how much blue light is in there. But I would bet there is enough to cure Tuffleye.