Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Kirk Dietrich

CCG "Contact Us" form

Anyone ever use CCG's Contact Us form to contact them? I sent them a question twice in a week and a half about using a product I purchased and never got a reply so, I emailed them this past Monday and have yet to hear back from them.

I couldn't find a phone number on their website and have tossed the packaging that may have come with the products.

Any suggestions?

Kirk

It is what separates a good company from a great one. When you lose touch with your customers, its all downhill.

Kirk

I really like the ccg stuff that I have (thick, thin, and hydro). One of the things I like the best is that application is easy do to the packing, it makes it easier for me to use. What kind of problems are you having with it. I have noticed that if the batteries are weak in my pro cure light that uses lithium (expensive) batteries that the stuff wont dry. Also, the thick and the thin need a coating of hydro to properly set up and not have a greasy feeling. What is the housing like on the other uv products if you know?

I just posted to their site.

I have the flex and after exposing with CCG light for the recommended 30 seconds on each side of the marker colored soft foam head, it was still tacky. So, I exposed for another 40 seconds on each side of the bug and no improvement. I was holding the light as close as possible. A friend that uses CCG said he has to put the fly in a window to expose to sunlight for total curing. I can do that but wanted to know from the company if there was something else I could do on the vise to cure it tack free as advertised.

Kirk

I'd try checking the light batteries. That does seem to help if your not curing well.

That said, I wonder if they are out of the office or something. Everytime I've emailed, I've had a reply that day, or the next business day for sure.

Try the FB thing noted above that should work.

Will, batteries are something I heard could be a problem if not new so I made sure to use new batteries.

Oh, I tried the Face Book thing. My question asking if I was doing anything wrong was removed. I guess CCG doesn't like questions on their FB page from paying customers; only testimonials? You'ld think with so many testimonials on how great the product is, which I even paid a compliment on it myself, one of the Pro Staffers or someone could give an intelligent answer to a reasonable question.

Don't see an option to send them a message but after not getting a reply from their email and having my question removed from their FB page I wonder if that would even work.

Thanks for ya'll help at least and the help of someone on the site here that gave me some tips in a PM.

Kirk

Heck just a year or so ago, CCG was being hailed around here as the best s*** ever, and the company as being one of the saviors of the US way of life. It got pretty heated. I know it's a small company, but one would think someone would at least reply to your questions, even if only to say the gurus of the company are on vacation and will get back to you. These days, no response from customer service is absolutely inexcusable, no matter what.

I have been working with CCG for a little while now, and the only CCG that dries essentially tack free is Hydro. All of the others have a fair buit of tack to them if only cured by the light, and even after being cured in the sun. Here are some pointers to remove tack.

1- Make sure that your batteries are fresh, and that you are using the CCG brand light (the pro light is much better...). Batteries make a big difference, but still won't get rid of all of the tack.

2- After curing with the light, rub some alcohol based hand sanitizer on the cured section and it will remove the tack. OR... If you are going after a non-flexible function, just tag the CCG with some hydro and cure again. OR OR.... coat the section with sally hansens and wait for it to dry.

The tack factor really made me want to limit my use of any of the UV glues, but the above tricks have helped eliminate the tack all together.

Brian (owner of CCG) has had the flu for the past week+

and i'm pretty sure Matt (who does the social media and blog) is on the road

but yes, some of the product is designed to remain tacky, since it allows you to add more material.

a quick brush of sally hansens kills the tackiness

ALL OF WHICH IS ON THEIR WEBSITE

http://clearcuregoo.com/page1/page4/page4.html

"The Clear Cure Flexible- cures with a slight tacky feel to it. You can remove this by applying hand sanitizer ( 62% alcohol ) to it which will create a matte finish OR- you can apply a small layer of head cement or lacquer to it. I typically thin down my head cement to the tune of 2/3 head cement to 1/3 acetone. If you are wondering if the head cement will make the Flexible, less flexible. It wont. It bonds beautifully to the Clear Cure Goo material and it will still be plenty flexible."

...You can remove this by applying hand sanitizer ( 62% alcohol ) to it which will create a matte finish OR- you can apply a small layer of head cement or lacquer to it. I typically thin down my head cement to the tune of 2/3 head cement to 1/3 acetone. If you are wondering if the head cement will make the Flexible, less flexible. It wont. It bonds beautifully to the Clear Cure Goo material and it will still be plenty flexible."

I'll give that alcohol a try Kevin. Thanks for the input.

I was going to try some thinned out Liquid Fusion to keep with the flex but if the alcohol works, then that would be better, one less curing step.

That's to bad those guys aren't around but someone removed my question from the FaceBook page and I actually had some folks email me wondering why it was removed because they were looking forward to a reply.

Joel, I would have thought the same thing about getting back considering I sent my question to them four times over a two week, today, time span.

Thanks for the info Kevin, Cheech and others.

Kirk

Kirk

Brian (owner of CCG) has had the flu for the past week+

and i'm pretty sure Matt (who does the social media and blog) is on the road

"In the 21st century, the magic boxes called computers will do a thing called "Out of Office Reply" for us when we are unable to attend to our business in a timely fashion."

Oh wait, that's now!

Ever heard of a laptop to take "on the road" to keep up with social media?

There is no excuse for ignoring customers. A simple "I'm dying of influenza, and the other guy is out somewhere. We appreciate your business and will get back to you as soon as humanly possible" would go a long way.

Yes, I'm being harsh. The fly-tying world is pretty small community, and it would seem that a company trying to make a go of it in that world would bend over backwards 24/7 to make it through.