Fly Tying
Kirk Dietrich

Bass on bass

Whether a bass says to himself, "oh, this is a little bass, I'm gonna eat it" or not, they liked this little guy this morning. This 15"er was the biggest, most of the others were dinks but it was fun.

Kirk

kirk-dietrich-albums-urban-angling-new-o

I've caught a ton of LM bass on this Baby Bass streamer. I didn't realize that bass were so cannibalistic.

DSC00996_zps5b8217ac.jpg

A friend of mine makes 12" swim baits painted like bass and has caught bass as small as two lbs on that thing and up to five. The bait looks like stuff I typically catch on the fly rod.

Good looking streamer.

Thanks,

Kirk

I think I saw some politician talking about our pressing need to stop bass on bass violence, but I wasn't really paying attention blink.png

I'll say that looks like fun! I have yet to get my first bass of the year. I need to get down to the secret lake!

I think I saw some politician talking about our pressing need to stop bass on bass violence, but I wasn't really paying attention blink.png

I agree and until you get the mama bass to quit leaving the nest after they lay the eggs and stick around and form a bond with the fingerlings, I'm afraid this feeding on the young will continue.

Denour, the secret lake is calling your name!

I agree and until you get the mama bass to quit leaving the nest after they lay the eggs and stick around and form a bond with the fingerlings, I'm afraid this feeding on the young will continue.

Denour, the secret lake is calling your name!

Tomorrow night I will be throwing some streamers and hoping my 5wt can handle the fish! Gotta tie me some baby bass before I go though.

I really like your bass streamer. Is the lateral line tied in last? ......Back in my spinning and bait casting days I always had a lot of success on crank baits of various shades of olive and white bass patterns. Yes, for subsurface I like olives and whites and so does the fish.

My streamer is made entirely of white (clear) Super Hair or sometimes called Supreme Hair. I then color it with permanent markers. No color was used on the belly of the streamer.