Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Contest Photos are Finished!

I believe I may have been somekind of record. I managed to take over 490 fly photos in 6 days! I thought it would be close to 400 and I was more than amazed that ended up being almost 500 flies bugeyes.gif

The photos are the first and longest step in this process. Now I must take each pic into photoshop, crop and resize each one. Then I will have to upload each one to the appropriate category.

So once that is all finished(early next week) I will allow all the particpants to view all of their flies to make sure they are all there and in the correct category.

I just can't say enough about both the quality and quantity of flies that I received. I would put this group of flies up against any found in any other contest. I once again want to say that I appreciate everyone who has participated, everyone did a remarkable job headbang.gif

The voting should start sometime next week, so stay tuned!!!

And I'm guessing you are doing all of this work without any kind of compensation, other than just the pure fun of doing it, man, you are awesome. thumbup.gif

Having done a little fly and tying sequence photography, I know it is a labor of love. Thanks for your dedication!

Tight Threads and Sharp Focus!!

Thanks for all of the time you are putting towards the contest Will. I too know what it is like to photograph lots of flies ( not nearly 500 though). Don't wear your self out. wink.gif

Lookin forward to the "viewing & voting".

Thanks for that GREAT effort in accomplishing the photos in record time. biggrin.gif

tidbit

Hats off to you will, I bet you cant wait till next year to break your own record of 500 flies. laugh.gif If any one deserves a national holiday named after them it should be you " What are you going to do next SmallieHunter day?" I have the upmost respect for your time and dedication you have put into this site and contest headbang.gif

Your dedication and patience are greatly appreciated. Can't wait to see them. Might take as long to vote as it did for you to produce the photos. Thanks. headbang.gif

I second that.

International Smalliehunter Day

Parade floats that look like drift boats

Hellgrammite catching contests

Main dish to be served, crayfish, what else?

Fly tying and casting contests

The Mascot: The Big Bronzeback

For those with a valid fishing license, NO work, with pay. This holiday occurs around the world one the opening day of smallmouth season for each particular community.

Sorry will you will have to travel the world and cast the first fly in every community (and every water) that celebrates "Smalliehunter Day"

That comes to about 336 days a year (no work, with pay)

You can dream, can't you? Thanks for all your labor, I appreciate it.

Conehead

Well I'm not going to get as much achomplished as I would like. I got most of the pics cropped and resize but I still have some todo. Then I have to upload them all to the site in the appropriate category one by one. So it might take a few days longer than what I origanally said.

BTW Flattery will not get you guys any extra votes in the contest..........well maybe just a few biggrin.gif