Fly Tying
atxdiscgolfer

Wet Fly Swap

I caught a 16 in Rainbow on your pattern this past weekend Shoebop, it saved me from "blanking".

biggrin.png biggrin.png Thanks for sharing. I have done the same with flies from swaps but I never remember who tied them.

Once I remove the tag .... Maybe I should be leaving the tags onunsure.png wacko.png huh.png

I had a nice surprise waiting in the mailbox today. Thanks to everyone for such great looking flies and a big thanks to atxdiscgolfer for hosting.

Take Care,

Tony

Mine came today, Thanks to all the tyers for some great looking flies. Not sure if we will have enough water in Northern California to get them wet this year! Atxdiscgolfer Thanks for hosting.

I also received a tin of attractive looking wet flies today. Atxdiscgolfer thank you for hosting this great swap. Thanks to all the participants for the great variety of patterns

Yep, mine came thru today and they're already occupying prime places in a couple of different boxes of wet flies and soft hackles. Now it's time to be getting them wet pretty darn soon.

And shoebop, I'm the same way. I have a few that are distinct enough that I remember (for now) where they came from but by and large the flies go into boxes for future use and I don't remember where they came from. If I could go back a couple of years I'd do it different and keep the swap flies separate and at least make a log of their makers but too late for that so I'll just fish them as they come up.