Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Goats

Ideas please..

I lost $1 on a friendly bet with my Dad (Iowa vs. U-M) and my step Mother (MSU v U-M) so I all told I owe $2. I was thinking about incoporating the $$ into a fly somehow.

I was thinking for one I would make some type of epoxied crab fly out a golden dollar and then for the other I would use a bill and incorporate it into a streamer pattern somehow. I would like to tap the forum community for ideas for using the paper money in a fly. Any Ideas?

Find an Origami website ... fold the dollar into a bug shape, tie that to a hook.

Sorry, not much help I am sure.

I thought US bills were cotton?? Id cut lengthwise strips and use as a body. Varnish over it before tying in rest. Or the in small wings cut from the bills like wally wings

I'm not expecting these flies to be fish able when I'm done it's more about an attempt at humor. The flies are going to be tied BIG on 4-0 musky hooks. More like paper weights or desk decorations.

In your shoes I might "paper" the sides of a fat foam popper with sections of a $1 bill and then varnish/shellac/CCG/SallyH the surface. Or maybe do the same thing to a realistic minnow pattern.