Fly Tying
atxdiscgolfer

2 swaps in 1- Emerger swap and Reel Recovery Swap

A general letter posted on the forum works for me. No need for the time and material to give me a personal one. The fact they told you "thank you" is plenty. Glad to help out by donating some flies. Great idea for this swap!

I agree with David. I'd like to see that posted on the forum to help expose more people to the great work Reel Recovery does. I'm scheduled to be a fishing buddy at the Glen Rose Texas retreat, so hopefully I'll see some of the flies everyone here has tied.

For all that are interested, I encourage you to visit their site and volunteer to be a fishing buddy. It's a chance to meet some truly courageous men, teach some fly fishing and fly tying, and be touched by the strength and perseverance of the participants.

Just a quick story: at the Broken Bow retreat last fall, there was one participant in a wheelchair. We discussed how best to get him on the river, what spots he could fish, and who would help him. As we were leaving the building to go to the river, the participant proclaimed he didn't need his wheelchair. So with the help of a couple buddies and his cane, he struggled down the path and into the river. There the buddies set up a chair so he could sit and fish. Unfortunately, that spot wasn't productive. After fishing for a while, one of the buddies mentioned going upstream, and asked if he could make it; he responded by asking if that's where the fish were, and when answered in the affirmative, he said "let's go!". A couple hours later, standing waist deep in the water with a fishing buddy on either side supporting him, he caught a very nice 18" rainbow. It absolutely made his day. I don't think the smile ever left his face, even the next day. It was a truly amazing thing to witness. His optimism, his courage, and his exuberance for fishing that day infected all of us.

Good story notenuftoys; i just heard that 1 last Tuesday night at the RR meeting, i know that these are going to be used for the Boerne (Joshua Creek) retreat but everyone a generous portion for them so I am sure that you should see them at Glen Rose as well

Fly delivery- i got in Utyers and Spinningbugs fly today- well tied flys and they donated some nice sets to RR. I guess i will wait until Tuesday and send these out if i dont hear anything from Czinger96 and Morgan64c.

I,agree with the consensus a general letter posted on the forum. I have no desire or need for any individual recognition, save their time and funds for its real intent.

I agree that a posted letter of thanks could help in making other members aware of the need for donations to such a good cause. I would really be interested in getting involved in the program but so far I haven't found anything close to my area. Thanks for hosting and collecting the donations atxdiscgolfer.

While I have no privacy issues I think that it is thanks enough that our flys can hopefully help these guys get out and land some fish. The fact that I had the opportunity to do something like this for my first swap has shown me how generous the fly fishing community can be. I would love to see more swaps like this in the future!!

I have the boxes sealed and ready for delivery, i will drop these off at post office on Monday; Morgan64c and Czinger96 were no shows and no replys. Everyone who posted for their 2 extras flys to be donated were donated to RR, if you didnt let me know then i sent them back to you, i will post the RR thank you letter on here when i receive it from them. I would like to thank everyone for participating, we all received a nice box of emergers and donated some nice flys to RR.

Shoot! Hopefully you donated my extra flies as well, I haven't been checkin in much since I sent my flies in.

Spinningbugs- i sent your 2 extras back to you since i didn't know what to do with them- no worries though they have people locally tying flys for them also.

I sent all the flys to everyone this afternoon.

In my project for Casting for Recovery I always get a letter from them. I scan it and post the copy on the Forum. It is usually addressed to me and "members of the Fly Tying Forum"

In addition my box of emergers arrived today, great ties everyone, some may get wet this weekend. Atxdiscgolfer great job hosting, hope we do it every year.

ATX Thanks for hosting I really enjoyed supporting this great cause. I got my flies in the mall yesterday some really good looking patterns. Cant wait to use these on the Ausable in May!!

Got my flies yesterday, again a very nice bunch of emergers. Won't have a chance to use them until this June, but they will get chewed up then. ATX, thanks for hosting, great idea to combine a contribution set along with a swap.

Flies arrived today, great selection thanks guys ...special thanks to atx for hosting.