Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Spring cleaning in the shop

Even when you are busy with orders every once in awhile you simply have to take a weekend to stop working on rods and clean. If you don't then rod production will slow and your attitude towards going down to the shop will suffer. So before I start the next order which is a big order for four matched high end steelhead spin rods I decided to take this weekend and clean the shop top to bottom. Not only clean but rearrange things to make working more productive/easier, tossed some old worn out items like rugs that were covered with epoxy/finish/paint and replace them with new ones as well as adding more and better lighting.

Now have a much more comfortable atmosphere to start the spring push of rods out of the shop.

u9hw.jpg

zs2n.jpg

aitax.jpg

4bjk.jpg

sv75.jpg

8m43.jpg

jk17.jpg

5oaf.jpg

0mxn.jpg

Its too bad that you don't have a nice roomy "man cave" dedicated to your fishing and hunting pursuits. So cramped and decorated so sparsely. Clean though.

Didn't hurt that it got "washed" with aquarium water, huh? Speaking of which ... I don't see it in any of the pictures ... I hope you haven't given up on it.

I do like your "personal space" ... no basements in Florida, one of the FEW things I miss about "up North">

Nope not giving up on it at all Mike. Going to have an Aquarium repair guy come out and take the tank apart and reseal both the primary as well as secondary seals in it that way it will be like brand new. But with steelhead season just around the corner the big tank will be on hold for the next 6 weeks or so probably.

You don't see it in these pics because this is the shop, the office with the aquarium is right on the other side of the wall that the gun rack is on. There's a doorway between the two. If you look at the pic where you can see the reels in the stand up display cabinet that was actually taken from the office looking into the shop.

When I die can my urn fit in there somewhere? Looks great Steve, really like the roll top desk and the reel display cabinet. Defiantly a man cave to be proud of

This had nothing to do with spring cleaning - you just wanted to tantalize us with that wonderful man cave you have.

;-)

Someday…. someday….