Fly Tying
COMike

Sadness on my end... Vacuumed my 3wt Rod!!!!

Well now, that sucks. Most common "What an idiot" casualties are ceiling fans, screen doors, car doors, trunk lids, and carrying the rod tip forward while fishing (can you say...wschmitt3). Rods left on car roofs or leaning on car get more than a few also. You, however, live the rarified atmosphere of one of the first I've heard of who snapped a tip with a vacuum cleaner.

Last year in CO I had one of my favorite 7' 4wt. bamboos with two tip in aa cordura covered rod case to carry with the reel on. When I slid rod in and out I had to take extra tip out of the tube with the rod, and set it aside until I put the rod back in. Sure enough, somewhere in my travels using this rod in several places, I got home, took the rod out of the tube with the reel...and no extra tip.

This is a perfect example of why men should NOT operate ANY household appliances including (but not limited to,) vacuums, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, and stoves.

Had a WF-6-F flyline get eaten by a vacuum years ago. Luckily it wasn't on a rod as it had fallen on the floor from the bed where it was drying from a cleaning with Glide. Not enough glue of any kind to repair the cuts, but would have spooled the reel if it hadn't jammed the brushes first! Vacuums have nasty appetites.....

UPDATE:

Sending the rod off to get "fixed".....LOL....how they will actually fix the thing is beyond me........will keep everyone updated on the status of the 3 wt!

Mike :)