Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewP

Playing with poppers ...

Yeah PJ, Bill Shank did a pretty good job on that one. I especially like the way he used the silicone skirt material by just gluing it on the back; not sure how good that will hold but I'm sure it looks good in the water. I asked him about the little barrel swivel in between and he said it works better in allowing the tail to wobble compared to using just a split ring to connect the two hooks...

Just for everyones information, Pat Cohen is a women. Talked to her at the Fly Tying Show in NJ this year. A friendly and very creative tier.

Steve

Just for everyones information, Pat Cohen is a women. Talked to her at the Fly Tying Show in NJ this year. A friendly and very creative tier.

Steve

Hmmmmmmm.............I've gotta say, she'd probably get a lot more dates if she got rid of that beard and mustache. Then again, considering what passes for normal around here, a bearded woman wouldn't so much as raise an eyebrow.

post-281-0-23711300-1405729980_thumb.jpg

Even before the full beard ...

I doubt that "she" got much attention from the guys fishing around "her" ... except for the flies "she" ties.

PJ, if you saw some of the girls I have hooked up with, a bearded lady wouldn't seem that unattractive.

Aw come on Peterjay......I still got some of the old flat fish in my tackle box. I also have a few of the old fly rod versions. The smallest one has a single hook. the next size has a small treble. then the next size up has a spreader with small trebles on each end of the spreader. These baits aren't old....just well used.

Those babies did have some wicked action. I might have one or two kicking round here myself. In fact, a gold flatfish was one of the first plugs I ever stole.