Fly Tying
breambuster

October 2014 Swap Club

Wow! Today was a BIG day for receiving flies as we received THREE sets today. That's right at 1/4 of the entire swap! First, J-Kno's flies arrived, and if you think they look good in the picture, just wait until you hold one and get a chance to look at it closely. This is REALLY a nice fly! Next, Vicrider's flies arrived today and if you have ever thrown a fly at a bream (bluegill) you are going to really like this one. I see a population shortage of 'gills coming wherever these flies are fished! Vic, you're going to have to tell me where you found the eyes for this one. And you're probably going to have to get me some & let me pay you for them. Let me guess: Hobby Lobby, right? Well, I've already checked and ours doesn't carry them. And finally, Fishingbobnelson's October Caddises (Caddi?) arrived and this is as sweet a set of flies as you will find anywhere. Thanks, Bob, for some really usefully and skillfully tied flies! And thanks, guys, for all the extras!

For anyone else who hasn't mailed in your flies yet, just a friendly reminder that the due date is HALLOWEEN, October 31. It's time to get busy, get them tied, and get them in the mail.

Take care

BB

Flies went mobile today, didn't like the quality of my soft hackles, they should fish okay still but don't look as nice as I would have liked, so I tied up some hi-vis Griffiths with an orange post and sent both along. breambuster you should get them by Friday according to the post.

It's Double-Dip time! Kennebec's flies arrived today and, as he posted, we are getting TWO sets from him! Kennebec, I REALLY like then both. Thanks, for some great flies.

OK, guys, we are getting down close to the end of the month. Next Friday will be Halloween and the last day of the month, all rolled into one. If you haven't gotten your flies in, please don't TRICK us. We are looking for a TREAT from you by next Friday.

Take care

BB

We received an awesome set of poppers from Jolly Red today. It looked like the mailing envelope had been opened, but everything inside the envelope was intact. The flies are here in good shape and the box was inside the SASE. It's probably just a case of rough handling by the USPS. Thanks, Red, for some GREAT flies. I know these are going to be killers!

Also, WTG, IMX! I know that's 2 sets in short order because Riff only received your September flies a few days ago. I appreciate you getting right on this set. I'll let you know when they arrive.

Well, we're getting close to having all the sets in by the deadline. For the rest of you, I'm going to hire Trick-Or-Treaters in your area to set off Cherry Bombs in your wife's flower pots if I don't have your flies here by Oct 31! :-)

Take care

BB

Still yet another GREAT set of flies in today's mail. We are on a ROLL! Today we received a really sweet set of flies from Crackleback. Thanks, Crackleback, for another super nice set of flies from you. Guys, this is going to be a really nice set of flies to add to your fly box. You are going to be glad to be getting flies this month, FOR SURE!

Take care

BB

Sadly, I am not going to be able to get flies out. Work has me way to busy to be able to complete the swap club responsibilities and I have to drop out. Sorry guys I really didn't know it was going to be this busy this year, and I just can't find the time to do everything I'd like to be able to do and still keep my company running right.

I'll let you know when they get there, Joseph.

Sorry to see you go, Blane, but sometimes you "gotta do what ya gotta do." Good luck with the company, & may you prosper and have great success. Also, I'd be glad to have you back in any of my swaps any time. Take care

Guys, at this point, what I will do is that when the other sets get here, and send them out, and I'll return the extra fly to you since we will have one less swapper than we planned for. Also, I'll go ahead and post that we need a replacement and if any of you know someone you think might be interested, tell them to get in touch.

Take care

BB