Fly Tying
SilverCreek

Free Kindle Book for Today: On The River

"Humorous short stories, mostly fishing related, about life on the Brazos River. Caution, readers have warned against reading these stories at work because it can be hard to explain sudden loud laughter. Other readers have warned against reading these while drinking coffee, milk and sodas because laughing with a mouth full of liquid can be, well, embarrassing and a bit messy."

http://www.amazon.com/River-Proceeds-Wounded-Soldiers-ebook/dp/B00DYRE6WE/

Thanx again. I can't get around to reading them as fast as you find them, but still appreciate them. Maybe some day I'll have more time to read. I already have five books in the waiting line to be read.

I guess I'll need to break down and buy a Kindle ...

I use the free app Kindle for PC... And Thanks Silver Creek!

I guess I'll need to break down and buy a Kindle ...

If you have an amazon account, download the book to the kindle "cloud reader." Then it will be in you account for if and when you buy a kindle.

Mike

you can download a free Kindle app and have it on your laptop. I don't know whether you can download it to a non-Kindle tablet. Anyone know?

The author is donating his proceeds from those who pay for the book:

On The River is now available for sale on amazon kindle! Price is $3.99 - of that $2.793 will be donated to Project Healing Waters (that's 100% of what I receive) to help wounded soldier's recoveries".

You can install the kindle on any device. When I get a book it automatically downloads to my desktop, laptop, ipad and iphone. Like Flafly says, the problem is finding time to read them all.

I'm thinking that the upcoming 12.7 inch ipad that's due out in a few months would make a great device to read books on.

Dave

do you know if Android tablets like Samsung will also be out in 12.7 inch? I've been putting off getting one till they do.

I think Samsung already has a fairly large tablet out. I remember seeing a larger tablet on a recent visit to Walmart. Not sure if it was a Samsung or another brand. Not sure of the exact size either but I know it was significantly larger than my 9.7 inch ipad and the resolution was very good on it.

I think this is the one I saw. It's 10.1 inch so not much bigger than an ipad air and smaller than the new larger ipads coming out in the second quarter of this year. Well, I tried pasting a link but it didn't take. Go to Walmart.com and search for "Samsung Tablets" and you can see it.

Dave

I read the Samsung's reviews and it isn't very well liked. Microsoft also has a 12 incher that sounds better, albeit quite pricey!

Sorry we hijacked your thread Silver. You'll be glad to know that I downloaded the kindle book... I have about six that you posted.

thanks.