Fly Tying

Like it,it serves all my needs and is sturdy; when I started tying I used to go to this tying class at my local fly shop and just about everyone in their used Renzetti Travelers - I know they are a good vise but the jaws seemed to fragile and I was always scared that I was going to break it. I live 1 hr from Gulf of Mexico and 2 hrs from Guadalupe River so I tie everything from 2/0 crab patterns to size 22 emergers for the Guadalupe.

I second the Atlas full rotary vise for it's versatility 7/0 down to #32s

I also like tying on my barracuda and danvise for different reasons.

There seems to be an anti-Renzetti prejudice on this forum. Just remember, the Renzetti jaws are guaranteed. If you break them, Andy will replace them. From www.renzetti.com:

Our warranty is as follow:

Lifetime warranty against material and workmanship, regardless of its original registered owner. All products and or parts must be returned to Renzetti Inc. for examination, repair and or replacement.

There is a $10.00 service fee for all warranty covered repairs.

I have a Peak and love it. I also have a Regal Medallion, a Danvise, and an HMH Spartan. I like them all for various reasons, but the Peak is my favorite.

Actually there is no such thing as an Anvil vise any more. They were bought out by Wolff Ind, who were the makers of the vise for Anvil. That happened about 2 or 3 years ago. The vise is the same quality and for the price, along with the lifetime warranty and entiirly manufactured in the US they are incedibly hard to beat. Yes I do have an interest in this as I am also a dealer thru Southwest Custom Rods.

FYI Montana Mongoose has a lifetime guarantee too. I have one. Pretty good vise. Awesome hook holding power.