Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Pike.ro

My son playing...flytying :)

My (almost)8 years old son was watching me while tying my flies since he was 5 and he wanted to try that, too. He learns very fast and seems to enjoy tying simple flies smile.png

Can't wait for the summer to take him out to the river so he can fish with his own made flies biggrin.png

He's learned well. Good concentration on getting it right.

Nice job on the "dramatic" intro to the video.

That's amazing! I can't even tie that good! Go give that boy a big hug for me and tell him just how awesome he is! :) ;) :D :P

Wow! He can really tie!! Nice job with the filming as well - it made it look like something that would be on a TV show!

We may have a budding young tying start on our hands. Hope he sticks with it. Only one comment, he's too neat. He was putting tools away before he even started. Great.

That is cool...I have a 5 year old who was soooo excited that he learned how to start and wrap thread around a hook last week. He was very excited. I hope he continues to learn to tie flies. I think that it would be great if he learned to tie as good as your boy when he is 8. Thank you for sharing.