Fly Tying
flytire

Feb flies from the vise

Playing with leg materials.

Kimo

I love them, Kimo, as always ... and thank you for just pictures, not the nausea inducing rotary dancing GIF's.

Playing with leg materials.

Kimo

I love them, Kimo, as always ... and thank you for just pictures, not the nausea inducing rotary dancing GIF's.

Come on! I thought you liked those watching them go round and round while you are stuck in some hotel.

Kimo

Being in a hotel room is bad enough, Kimo, without the added attraction of "moving pictures".rolleyes.gif

On the other hand, being in a hotel does give one time to play. So, I grabbed a bunch of the supplies I brought with me, and rolled them around in the palms of my hand. I stood back and threw the handful at the vice and ...

... happened !!!

Mysis Shrimp for the West TU Fly Tying Clinic at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds from 9AM to 3PM.

16665799_10154066549637003_7135432426847

Kimo

I think Mike's account has been hacked, he's posting pictures of what look like pretty trout flies.

LOL I wish !!! It's the cold weather !!! I can't help myself !!!

My account hasn't been hacked ... I HAVE !!!

On the flip side, those are tied on size 6 hooks.

Mysis Shrimp for the West TU Fly Tying Clinic at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds from 9AM to 3PM.

Kimo

that event is still going on? i used to go to it every year when i lived in colorado (1980's). great tying event and some truely great tyers

Kimo

that event is still going on? i used to go to it every year when i lived in colorado (1980's). great tying event and some truely great tyers

Still going strong.

http://www.westdenvertu.org/event/fly-tying-clinic-february-11/

Flytying-2017-Clinic-Overview2.14.15.jpg

Kimo

Definitely. It's the most fun event I have attended. It's like 50 guys tying in the basement of a buddies trading war stories.

It is so warm hear so it might mess up the attendance because guys would rather be fishing.

They had to cut down the number of tyers because it got really crowded. One year they had over 80 tyers.

The local West TU Chapter treat the tyers like kings feeding us lunch, bringing around snacks throughout the day and then holding a

reception for us afterwards.

Where else can you sit across from some of the best tyers in the region and literally pick his or her brains?

Kimo