Fly Tying
bowmike

What happens when Nymph guys try warm water stuff

I am a nymph fisherman and tyer for the most part. I have become addicted to warm water patterns and these are my attempts at some Bass Crayfish. I rummaged through my materials and found some furry foam and some crazy legs and went from there. I was basing these off of the Jiggy Craw pattern.

I am going to get some Cohen bodies ordered in and a multitude of flash and rubber legs for my ongoing attempts at bass and musky flies. I am pretty happy with the way these turned out though for just giving them a try.

post-43467-0-58943900-1487090022_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-52890100-1487090031_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-64088500-1487090038_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-50811700-1487090043_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-31442900-1487090048_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-54082400-1487090053_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-35151100-1487090058_thumb.jpg

Those will catch fish for sure. Thats what I find so fun about Warmwater fly tying &

Fishing...no rules to follow.

I grew up flyfishing the Sierras taught by dry fly purists who considered nymphing cheating or lowlife. It hardly interest me now days.

It's all about big bass,salad and timber now days.

Nice job

Very nice. If your planning to tie a lot of flies using the silicone skirt layer materials, order them from a place like Barlow's or Jann's NetCraft. Prices are better than in fly fishing catalogs and the selection of colors is really good. They also have the pre-made spinner bait skirts in sizes that would work with bass or muskie flies.

Thanks Philly. I have a hareline account but always best to keep a bunch of material options out there.

I have not gotten a chance to try them in the water. Most lakes are froze around here. I am not sure if I will get a chance to fish this weekend or not.

I don't usually use anything that large ... but if I did, those would do just fine. Well tied, Bowmike!

I am a nymph fisherman and tyer for the most part. I have become addicted to warm water patterns and these are my attempts at some Bass Crayfish. I rummaged through my materials and found some furry foam and some crazy legs and went from there. I was basing these off of the Jiggy Craw pattern.

I am going to get some Cohen bodies ordered in and a multitude of flash and rubber legs for my ongoing attempts at bass and musky flies. I am pretty happy with the way these turned out though for just giving them a try.

Two 👍👍