Fly Tying
HFT

will this catch fisherman?

I did a few with clear glue and the glue fogged up on me. No where near as clear as yours came out.Could be that I'm using to much glue dunno.gif

Brent.

QUOTE (wickedcarpenter @ Mar 4 2005, 07:22 PM)
I did a few with clear glue and the glue fogged up on me. No where near as clear as yours came out.Could be that I'm using to much glue dunno.gif
Brent.

I put the glue on while using a rotary vise(the only time I use one) when the glue is just the right shape I raise a cup of water to the fly and cool it off real quick. then sit the cup down and drop the fly into it. This will alow the fly to dry clear. over a year or so they will start to get milky on you but that will be ok because the eggs I screen have a milky look to them. Have fun tying them!

Tha t is the coolest egg fly I have ever seen, I tried making egg's with glue for a swap awhile ago and they did not turn out that good wow is all I can say bugeyes.gif (I want some whine cry and stomp my feet)

You really have to have a rotary vice to work the glue. Most of the time I have to touch the egg up with a lighter to help smooth out the egg shape. Try it again you'll get the hang of it after a few trys. Some dollar store guns just don't get hot enough for a nice hot flow of glue.Any $7 gun will work.

Brent.

You know how fisherman are, they like new things. I think not only flyfisherman but all types of fisherman would like your "Stem Cell". Great name I hope it sticks, and I hope it produces well and that you are credited with a new pattern that nets you alot of $$$$. Good luck!

HFT, you and sparkleminnow are gonna cost me some serious dough! I've gotta become more versatile in my tying!