Fly Tying
mikechell

Found while fishing

I believe you're correct, Dave, that it's a Coleman. I'm going to attempt to clean off the black paint at the front end. I'm thinking it was already a stolen boat, because of that paint. The users probably left it when it developed a leak because they didn't have any money invested in it.

Mike plastic welding is the best way to repair it and fairly easy do it yourself. Never had a find like that only nippers and small items dropped in the drink. But I lost a complete vest once, left it on the side of a pond after loading my canoe. Back tracked to the pond a few days after the fact and it was gone, thought I would never see it again but the gentleman that found it boxed it and mailed it to me, found my address on a license in the vest. I mailed him a reward for being a honest sportsman and thanked him very much.

I believe you're correct, Dave, that it's a Coleman. I'm going to attempt to clean off the black paint at the front end. I'm thinking it was already a stolen boat, because of that paint. The users probably left it when it developed a leak because they didn't have any money invested in it.

Hmmmmm, maybe someone filled in the serial numbers and painted black paint over it. Shouldn't be hard to get off.

I got the canoe back together yesterday. Put new Styrofoam in the prow pieces. Plastic weld seems to be sufficient ... but I won't know that until it's in the water.

I was all ready, this morning, to put in at my closest lake, and the wind kicked up. I'm not even sure I'm going to enjoy a canoe, let alone testing it out in 20 mph gusts. I don't even take my jon boat out in those winds.

So, it sits on the roof of my vehicle ... waiting for the first calm day to come along.