Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Gene L

Six months mayfly

My attempt at a 14 sulfer after laying off six months, as stated below. because of illness.  Any criticism would be helpful.  My third attempt at this Mayfly.

sulphur.jpg

2 hours ago, Gene L said:

My attempt at a 14 sulfer after laying off six months, as stated below. because of illness.  Any criticism would be helpful.  My third attempt at this Mayfly.

sulphur.jpg

Boom...📸🎣😎🇺🇸

There's no doubt it will catch a fish but you didn't ask if it would catch a fish.

If I had tied that fly I would say to myself the body could be tighter (a little less fuzzy) and tapered more ( a little smaller on the bend end and a little bigger on the hackle end. There are some rebel hackle fibers sticking out behind the hackle. And I can't see the head well, but it appears to have some fibers sticking out. The tail looks a little bushy.

Other than that, it will catch grayling and trout here in Alaska all day long. (Until you hang it in a tree)

These are the things I have been trying to do better and are only my opinions and should be taken for what they are worth.

Hi keep up the good work the more you practice it will get in better proportion in your flies take your time hurry slowly all your knowledge and skill will come back

Kind regards Steve 😉