Fly Tying
Bimini15

Show your kayak

Yes, that was it.  I don't remember the exact size, either 240 or 270 cm.

Pushpoles are something I know a bit about since I live or die by mine, and have four of them at present... I don’t have a kayak at all so mine are used to pole my old 17’ Maverick skiff.  In general I’ve found that you can manage with a pole that’s as much as four feet longer than your skiff, provided you set up your pushpole clips along the gunnel of whatever skiff (or kayak ) you’re working out of... They’re being made out of fiberglass (cheapest, heaviest, but most durable),  graphite/glass (lighter, stiffer, more money - my first choice as a guide), and all graphite (lightest, stiffest, most expensive but also most fragile... ) this would be my first choice if poling a kayak...

I can actually pole in eight or nine feet of water with mine when we’re hunting tarpon (and I’m four feet above the water on top of my poling platform with a 22 foot pole in hand all day long...).

”Aren’t boats fun?”

Well... I have done it! I was looking in Offerup and this kayak showed up, in great shape for a great price, so I got it.

It’s is a wilderness Systems ATAK 140. See stock picture below.

A4BDC24F-6B9F-414B-8969-A435BD31C663.png

Local news had an item where a guy won $30K in a kayak bass tourney in Chattanooga this past weekend. Got a canoe that hasn't been in the water in five years.

On 11/26/2020 at 8:28 AM, skeet3t said:

Local news had an item where a guy won $30K in a kayak bass tourney in Chattanooga this past weekend. Got a canoe that hasn't been in the water in five years.

I qualified and fished the KBF National Championship in 2018, first place was 100 grand.  Kayak fishing has came a long way since I started in 2008.

With that said I have had many of them over the years.  Currently I have a 2019 Hobie Pro Angler 14 360, 2018 Nucanoe Frontier 12, 2007 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140, an Ocean Kayak Frenzy, Old Town Vapor, and two paddle boards.

1.jpg

2.PNG

3.jpg

4.jpg