Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
RickZieger

Started garden Plants

Lucky Man Rick

-20C again this AM.  But getting better.  I can't start my tomatoes or peppers for another 3 - 4 weeks for outside planting May 24 - June 6.  Have my seeds though!

I started in late january. I am potting up today as they have true leaves and are outgrowing the seed starter cells. Last freeze date here is mid April. This is my second year doing a garden. 20ish varieties of peppers, 10ish varieties of tomatoes. 

Abe Lincoln, delicious, red cherry, tri cherry, spoon, beefsteak, sweetie. Off the top of my head at least. Going to have a few plants that we eat often here at the house, and the rest arew going at the in-laws a 1/4 mile down the highway. Probably planting half an acre over there of a bunch of other stuff as well. My main focus is the peppers and tomatoes though. 

Pepper varieties going right now are Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, sugar rush peach, puma, zapotec jalapeno, kalugeritsa, macedonian etched, arroz con pollo, tobago, bell, banana, poblano, filius blue, aji chombo, cayenne (a few different varieties). Going to start some more this month. 

do you run a fan near your seedlings to strengthen them? I think I need to start especially with my tomato and okra plants I was told it will build a thicker and stronger plant than what I normally end up with. 

After the plants get started I transfer them to peat pots and when it is warm set them outdoors to help them get bulker.

Rick