Fly Tying
Mike West

7 Bass Design float tubes....?

Does anyone have any hands on experience with these things?

they look pretty bad ass as far as float tubes go.

The company is out of France and their website leaves a little bit to be desired.... says every model is not in stock anymore But I know they are.

The closest dealer near me is a 2 1/2 hour drive from where I live one way.

I finally found an email contact to ask questions waiting on an answer.

Glad you’re back in action Mike.  Seems like there’s all kinds around.   No hands on experience wit one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=7 bass float tube

I started to get one few years ago but really need a 2 seater.   I did get a cheap blow up boat and floated Arkie streams with DD some,  but fell outa it once and tore little hole in it last time. Works pretty good considering an old fart in it... Doesn’t sink just gets water in.  Got it at AcademySports.  Quick blow up with 12v pump.  Problem was had to sit on coolers cuz inflatable seats were junk.  It does have a plank floor.   Thought about building a double seat frame but lost interest....Be careful.   When I threw out anchor in a heavey flow to stop and fish was kinda hairy....Good luck and be safe!

its a Mariner.  I think I paid $300? for it.  More suitable for the young and summer time where you could sit on the sides with feet in water, etc.   

https://www.google.com/search?q=mariner inflatable raft

24363143-595B-4D44-AF1F-3EDDE1AAB85B.jpeg

23C9C034-728C-4BB0-A644-A9464476D577.jpeg

1F1040E1-4E9A-45FE-8D6E-9E7D3BC9DD27.jpeg

B04BAD0C-77F6-4A6C-BEDA-FEDD4DF9CA6B.jpeg

My guide buddy on SpringRiver has a drift boat but has started his son with an inflatable.   Most people and guides on the Ozarks rivers use long flat boats with 15hp or bigger jet drivers for shoals  or low water   if I lived up there I’d have one   Oh, DD’s Brown trout/GoldBelly  breeches!  But I digress....

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ark trout river boat&tbm=isch

A711EFCB-DFD9-4D70-909F-1D5361BF9C1D.jpeg

B6535571-C084-438E-9037-385BEEE56510.png

CB24073A-1E30-4E10-8EEC-8D475AC6B867.png

41DE0479-CCFE-41DB-A525-EA0B74C297EA.jpeg

E2CE8BEC-AFF8-4534-8374-9D6DD9933E40.jpeg

Yeah I have a Lotta issues when it comes to picking a boat like this.

If I was healthy and had a truck or a car with a hitch it would be a no brainer.

I have a tiny economy car that I can’t afford to put a hitch on($500)

so I need an inflatable or something I can strap to the roof of my car.

and light weight. right now I get winded putting my socks on. that will get better but not by much.

I figure a little kicking and rowing will do me some good. Later down the road I can upgrade to a troller motor on it.

I’ve been looking at my options for at least a year and it kind of boils down to these guys right now.

Granted they are a little $$$ but not compared to some of framed ones which I don’t want to deal with as far as hassle and $$$$.

If I had 2-4K to spend I’d put a hitch  on my car and buy a plastic to 2 man bass boat

Mike, I don't know where your budget is but the sea eagle line of high pressure boats are very good, I have a 420 kayak that has proven to be more durable than I ever expected(over 10 years without any issue, stored off season partially inflated seems to promote longer life). A friend that fished with me has one of their frameless single man fishing boats 285? he rows and uses a trolling motor and is happy no longer sitting in the water (belly boat). 

I’ve looked at all those and the sea eagle lineup

I forgot about Scadden... i’ve looked at those in the past and it looks like he’s having a really nice sale right now. I really like a couple models he has there might just go that route

I picked up a couple of the Classic Accessories Cumberland Float Tube. Got a great price and couldn’t resist.  It payed off, they work great, sit high and fold up to small size and can inflate em in a hurry with a 10 dollar plug in to you vehicle pump. Mind you not as fast as my kayak or large boat but fits in the arsenal of equipment well. 
https://classicaccessories.com/cumberland-float-tube

DD24D410-642F-4CF5-84B1-D6068724CF79.jpeg

Well Scadden is out and that’s too bad cause I really liked a couple of models there.

after reading literally hundreds of reviews on him and his products there’s no way I would do business with that company.

I’m really sick congestive heart disease heart works at 20% 0CPD Lungs work at 40%.

If I do everything the doctors say I got one to three years to live. I get winded just thinking about doing things😉

it needs to be light weight and have oars. I won’t be able to kick it for a full day of fishing I want the oars so I can switch back-and-forth.

I saw a couple boats with frames that might be doable but I don’t know if I want to mess with a frame. Like the Colorado XT

I have an Outcast Stealth Pro.  I like it but It's not super light. Outcast lists the Scout as the same weight but it seems like it should be a little lighter. It might be an option.