Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

8' 6wt fiberglass

2nd of a trio of fiberglass for a customer. This one an 8' 6wt in gray with black main wraps and metallic titanium trim, carbon fiber seat, burl accent grip and polished winding check.

wzLGIfx.jpg

IACi8EJ.jpg

zE1XTXh.jpg

Steve, you are cranking out a lot of rods. I like the subtle color of the blank. I got a request for a pink blank but it was waaay out of his budget.

Yeah it's been a crazy busy year bud. Been in business for 19 yrs this year, and I just added up last week, up to 87 rods so far for this year and still 9 more orders on the board, plus 2 more months left in the year. I don't get mad at money, but I have zero free time lately. I've been working in the shop 10hrs per day 7 days week, seriously.

I use to get some pink blanks from a place for a decent price. I can't remember where it was now. I'll tryin think/look and let ya know.

Not into building anymore. I chatted with a guy who is involved with bass fishing tournaments out of Dayton, TN. They are saying they are the bass capitol of the US. One tourney had 500 entries; had to split them up between Dayton and Harrison Bay SP. Anyway, this was a niche I found but turned it down as it would be full time. Didn't retire to go back to work.