Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Radoslav Kiskinov

My biggest trout by this moment

Hi, guys,

nice to meet you agin in this wonderful forum.

I'm now gonna write you the last story of mine, when we I, Vlado, and Stefan were again in Zlatna Panega, the biggest bulgarian trout river.

It was few days ago, when Vlado/, you know him, the man who knows much about the insects and their life, than anyone of my friends in BG, who I compare sometimes with Gary Lafontaine/, Stefan - the man with that big trout from last story and I were at 7 o'clock in the morning on the river's bank.

The water level was very low, and we had to creep sometimes like tortues, hoping the trout not to see us.

Untill 10 o'clok nobody could catch any trout, but when the hatch of mayflies began, the waited time came.

Vlado was upstream, and I was taken the way down the river, where I found a place where the water was not that deep, but with fast stream.

There I tried Czech nymphing with my caddis pupa:

user posted image

And didn't wait much time when the line stoped and when I hooked I felt that there is something in the end of the line.

I said to myself:"Rado, my boy, that is not a stone which is moving, hehehe, you are not dreaming, this is trout man, go ahead, pull it out"

user posted image

This was my biggest trout thah moment, and I was very patient, draging him out about may be 7 or 8 minutes.

user posted image

I know that it is not so big...It made four or five one meter jumps above the water, like a flying off rocket...

user posted image

But nothing can compare with the feeling of holding fighting wild broun trout in a fast stream...

user posted image

The pupa imitation of the caddis fly I made, was the same that I tried for first time last flyfishing, when I caught a chub on it.

user posted image

When I release the fish, wich here in Bulgaria is not that practical as all over the world, I was happy that wil have the chance to fight with it some next time I go there, may be, who knows...

Vlado caught bigger then mine fish that day on a shrimp immitation...

I wish you luck with the caddis and shrimps wink.gif

All the best to everyone!

Rado

Hi, guys,

thanks a lot for the kind words!

Wish you Best!

Rado

P.S. Next time I write, will show you step-by-step pictures of a new fly of mine, which trout liked from the first moment I tried it.