Fly Tying

Which brass are you using usually Steel? Been trying to find some decent quality but it's either out of stock lately or overpriced as hell.

I has bought 1000 brass that was once fired off Ammoseek. But now a rod customer that is also into reloading just sent me about 4000 range pick up brass. So mostly its mixed stuff like Blazer, Federal, Winchester, and such. I have just been pulling out the military crimped stuff from it and using the rest.

Finding powder locally has been tough, I hate ordering it online because you get wacked with the $30 hazmat fee. Lucked out today and found 1lb of the HS-6 that I have been using at the local BPS. They only other pistol powder they had was Autocomp. I have not used that one yet so will have to look up the load data for that one for 9mm. Anyone here ever use Autocomp before?

PHjTzPL.jpg

LOL yep! I tell ya man, with my OCD personality....This may not be a good hobby for me😁 And ya got to love when you see news reports about someone...and they start out " He had a horde of 3 guns and 1000 rds"....really ...3 guns and1000 rds??? LOL he was a light weight :)

Rgx80vd.jpg

Especially with the cost of reloading stuff now. I just bought 1K small pistol primers about 2 weeks ago ($132 for 1K including hazmat fee). Now I am already down to 200 primers left :(

I messed up though last time . I only orderd 1k primers and paid the $35+ hazmat fee. I should have orders at least 2k+ and would have got more for the same haz mat fee. I think I'm gonna do that and order 2-3K primers this weekend and just pay the $35'ish fee on them fort 2-3k primers.

You got to always chuckle at what the news calls hoarding.  I have my guns and my Dad's guns.  I guess I would qualify as one of those guys.

Anyone reload 40 SW with cast bullets? I have some 140 grain lead. Tried some WST and Titegroup. Need to try these loads.

Anyone have 700x, Titegroup, HP-38, HS6, or WST loads you like for 140 or 165gr lead?