Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DarrellP

Thoughts on swaps

As the year closes out I realize I have been in a lot of swaps.  I enjoy a lot of what we have on the site, but I love the swaps!  I have learned a lot by being "forced" to tie 12 of the same pattern.  I would encourage you to keep up the great work and continue  to support the swaps.  It is great to see some of the fine work I received this year.  I have kept a lot of them for patterns and I have given some to family.  I have also contributed quite a few to casting for recovery which is very worthwhile.   So, you are doing good whether you knew it or not.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Darrell

I have to agree with you, and I too keep some for patterns and donate others.

Thanks to all the tyers 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 

Woodenlegs

I have a donation box that all the swap extras go into.  These I donate to groups like Casting for Recovery and Project Healing Waters.  I'll tie at least one fly for every fly I remove from the box and donate the lot.  Like I've said before, these swaps are a labor of love!  Happy Holidays to all of you and your loved ones!

Kim

I used to fish all of them, many are lost to the river. Now I keep them, sorted by tier, for inspiration.