Fly Tying
JarrodRuggles

How Many Fly Boxes Do You Own?

How Many Fly Boxes full of flies do you own?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just going through my vest and I found 9 full fly boxes! Its funy because anytime we go on a trip I still think I need more....What about yall blink.gif

Can I change my vote to three. I have two, one holds my saltwater flys and the other is for around here( only holds 20 flys) but then I do have on the wall next to my tying table a few large pieces of that craft foam you get at wal mart to hold all the extra flys that I own that just are not in a box because I don't have room for them.

Two many to count. I have them all over in my tieing room, in my boat, in my tube, some in my truck and some in my fly vest. I dont want to be some where and not have my flys to attack that water that look to good to be true. thumbup.gif

QUOTE (Blueman89 @ Jul 12 2005, 08:51 PM)
After a second count I have 13 or so. I just got a new one today. user posted image I knew AOL free trials were good for something. thumbup.gif

So I am not the only one who does stuff like that. The box I use the most is a plastic waterproof box I got when I got my watch, I just glued in foam and left a place to put my licence and I am off.

good idea with the case, I might have to do that.

Two Wheately boxes, Four C&F Design boxes (soon to be many more - best in the business if you ask me), Ten or so generic plastic Plano style boxes, a few Okumas, and a couple hand made what-ever boxes. I don't even want to know what the flies in them are worth. I have a big gym bag that I keep all my loaded fly boxes in and it weighs about 30lbs full!

joe C.

I have at least 1 box for each of the following

Red salmon

Pink salmon

King salmon

silver salmon

chum salmon

Dolly varden

Rainbow trout

Pike

Grayling

Halibut

Of course i have way more flies than these boxes could hold biggrin.gif , i am sure this is true witha all of the other fly tying nuts!

I have one. It is a Plano Guide Series 767 I think. lol. I have one of the boxes full of flies. The rest are for my baits. -Redneck

I refuse to count them ....but it is definitely more than 10....all I need to know is which species I'm aiming for and the flies boxes for each species are stored together.

Mark Delaney

Jeezuz I carry like 6 for just trout in the tackle bag . I usaully decide when I get on the water what boxes to put in the vest or chest pack. As for how many I own, simple answer "TOO DAMN MANY!!!"and " NOT ENOUGH!!!"

Tube blink.gif user posted image

Definately more than 10! My wife guessed I had "50" fly boxes. I assured her it was not that many, but I would hate to count them; she may be right! shocking.gif

Love the C&F boxes and the Wheatley I got as gift.

FLYUSER