Fly Tying
breambuster

Need Help With Identification

Hey Guys, can anyone help me identify what type of Chenille this is? I’ve had good success with a simple jig thatvthecCrapoie can’t resist, but before I run out of chenille, I’d like to get some more. Only problem is that I no longer have the original packaging and I don’t know what it is. It’s a #2 or #3 white chenille with just an occasional bit of sparkle in it that sometimes looks silver and at other times it looks gold. Does anyone a thought as to what it is? Thanks

BB

B36FC438-4067-4B1B-85B1-157206CF1CCF.jpeg

83F25333-6887-436A-B1A4-5851C3D7894A.jpeg

1 hour ago, breambuster said:

what type of Chenille this is?

White pearl new age chenille.  

8 hours ago, atxdiscgolfer said:

Hows it going Breambuster, it looks like Pearl Estaz or Cactus Chenille

Pretty tough. I have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. Myasthenia Gravis. Pretty tough stuff. No cure. Just infusions to treat the symptoms. I had a “flare” which means a major attack about Thanksgiving. Was in the hospital 3 times from Thanksgiving until right after New Years.

Sorry to hear but knew you were going through nasty stuff. Guess we all become more susceptible to body breakdowns and infections and viruses as we age. I marvel at how well some things on my body keep doing while others are falling apart. Heredity is a big factor and if I have a long line of age on my side. Just wish energy and ambition came with it. Are you still able to get out do some of your favorite UL spinning for crappie and 'gills?

Nick

Yeap for right now, anyway. Trying to hold on to it as long as I can. I fished twice last week, but probably will only go once this week because of Dr's visits, and other things. I had a rare day last week and caught 12 while my buddy who ALWAYS out-fishes me caught 4. That white jig was tearing them up, but know it won't last. We will find a hot jig for a few days and then they move on to something else and we are trying to figure it out again. The skill I really am lacking is dock shooting. I know basically HOW to do it, but having an idea as to HOW and actually DOING it are 2 different things. 

BB

Biggest trick there I've learned, and I did a LOT of it up north is not to have your spool as full as for normal casting, hog the front of the boat and cast that rod inches off the water. Aim to hit about 6" or so from the dock and let the line fly free. That's the reason to not over fill the spool. After a while you can start catching fish others miss 'cause most can't really skip way back into the corners and pockets we can, or you soon will be. Down here now I have no docks to fish and really miss the docks and the lilypads and the coon grass and the laydowns and the reeds. Here it's all clay banks and some snot weed. A few brush piles to bring in crappie.