Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

Men will race anything

Across the street from me in MN was a cul-de-sac with 5 houses on it. None had as big a lot as I did but had riding mowers. I ran a walk behind so couldn't get in their parties on weekends. A couple of times a summer at least they'd set a bunch of cones and have lawn mower races in the cul-de-sac while consuming considerable amounts of barley and hops. Usually someone would smash into someone else and someone would get some road rash and then they'd retire to the real party. A fun group and proof if it has a motor men will race it.

That's directly from the "Hold my beer" and/or "Hey y'all, watch this" files.  I just hope they don't move and live on my street.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:31 AM, flytire said:

Having spent some time riding in my nephews hovercraft on Lake Superior and inland it is strange to make the sliding turns they do.  Another thing that was scary was coming from the water up the ramp to the trailer. Having spent my whole life in boats that had a big part of them underwater and flying into that ramp at 30mph or so you just waited for the big grind and crunch but they just slide up smooth as can be.