Fly Tying
maddog48

I need to find a material

I'm wanting to do some Snipe and Purple and can't find any sources for snipe. The recipe says I can substitute the snipe with a covert feather from a starling, but I want to start tying traditional soft hackle patterns. Anyone have any sources?

Mike

Snipe is very hard to get and gets harder all the time due to over hunting.Try this place, this guy has every critter under the sun. It's been a while since i've ordered from him but he had snipe then. He doesn't have an e mail address, he's a very traditional type.. strictly old english.

Fisherman's Hackles and Flytying Bird Gardens

12 Middle Touches Avishayes Road

Chard, Somerset England

TA-20-1NU

Hal... who are we going to get to hold the gunny sack? dunno.gif devil.gif

Hugh.. I have checked the Blue Ribbon site and they don't show snipe listed. If Jim Krul still owned EAT I'd call him in a minute. I have had problems with EAT since he left and won't go back. Go without... yes. Go back...no.

Mike

Guest Hugh

Hugh.. I have checked the Blue Ribbon site and they don't show snipe listed .Shoot em an E-Mail They carry tons of stuff they dont list Theyve never failed me. Hugh

Hugh... I'll e-mail them then just to see. Maybe they'll have something else I can convince myself I need.

Skinny... I have an e-mail already sent to them and am waiting to hear back. I'll keep everyone advised.

Mike

Thanks Hugh. You were right. I e-mailed them and they do have what I'm looking for. I'll be callingn the store tomorrow to make my order. Like I need to buy anything else. I probably could start my own shop. bugeyes.gif But... I guess I can always find something or a use for whatever I have. dunno.gif

Mike