Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
YoHerbie

Rotary Vise, rotates only one direction

I have a rotary vice that only rotates one direction.  Well made, looks like a Renzetti Traveler, but no Renzetti marking.  Anyone know this vise?

IMG_8945.jpeg

Edited by YoHerbie
Add photo of vise

Renzetti vises have an adjustment where they will only rotate in one direction, which allows the vise to index.  This setting can easily be adjusted out,  It's annoying, but some like this feature. 

5 hours ago, Gene L said:

Renzetti vises have an adjustment where they will only rotate in one direction, which allows the vise to index.  This setting can easily be adjusted out,  It's annoying, but some like this feature. 

Do you have link on the Renzetti site that explains this function? I have a Renzetti Traveller and there is nothing in the vise instructions that came with the vise that mentions or explains how to go from one direction to both direction rotation.

I have instruction sheets for both the 2000 and 2200 series Travellers.

Do you instructions on how this is done?

I'm not sure if I missed this answer in the previous commentary.  You appear to have a Renzetti Presentation 2000 with a C-Clamp (vs pedestal).  It is a great vise IMO because it has an adjustable hinge stem!  You can indeed adjust it for rotation in both directions.         

https://www.renzetti.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/P-2004-Customer-Instructions.pdf   

"To lock the crank arm for rotation in both directions, tighten the endcap against the crank arm. 

For counter clockwise rotation: loosen endcap screw, remove endcap , crank arm and spring, replace crank arm with clutch teeth facing primary knob.  Replace spring and endcap. Hold endcap and tighten endcap against crank arm. Back off 3/4 of a turn.  Hold in place and tighten endcap screw."     

Regards,