Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Start of my first

I used small metal beads for the eyes. I did burn some eye sockets in it but they just arent spaced right and just look plain funky. I will most likely start over from scratch, theres just to many things I dont like about it. I may take a pic of it to show ya...but I dunno, I'm pretty ashamed of it <_< looks like :poop:

Honestly, I like it, a lot. I noticed you flattend the head, looks much better. I think just moving the eyes down so they're not on top of the head would look sweet. Paint job looks hot, but the beads look a little large. It looks like a lively wiggly little snake to me.

Yeah beads did end up to big for the tail. I flattened the head and shaped it a bit with a dremel, but I still just wasnt happy with the shape of the point on the nose, and I really couldnt do much to change that now.

It's just gonna be chalked up to experiance and I think I'm gonna try another one. The way the dental floss came out with the softex over it looked good to me, kinda has a snake skin texture to it, but the tail/head/paint job didnt come out like I planned.

Good Day,

Don't despair! This is how we learn! Goodness knows that we all have "skeleton flies" in our closets! In fact I believe I still have some of the very first flies I tied nearly 20 years ago! Keep up the effort, it will pay off and you will have such pride and excitement about your work! Keep the chin up!

Maybe we should have a "skeleton fly" post... might start one in the coming days... hehehe.

Steelie

yeeeks! snakes scare the crap out of me, i was bitten in 1976 and have never been the same since. i get all knotted up when i see one and your reminded me of that bad experience. i guess what i'm saying is you did really good being it scared the crap out of me again, nice tie steve, Bud

I thought I'd pass this along, my brother Steve has been into production and acting for a number of years and tonight's episode of Untold Stories of the ER, The Learning Channel, 9pm, he's the patient bitten by a Mohave Rattler.

The Doctor is the one that dealt with the real case. Not sure if the patient can talk, or just make utterances. LOL..

Graham