Fly Tying
7wt

Chris Helm

I just got my order fom Whitetail Fly Tieing Supplies to today and I am so pumped. I ordered a video, a Rite bobbin and six different colors of deer hair. The hair I recieved was way better than the crap I have been using. Chris by the way is the nicest guy I have ever dealt with. He took the time to help me eith what I needed rather than just fill an order. He actually talked me out of some stuff I thought I needed. What a gentleman. He even tied a sweet little Tap's bug for me to use a reference!!! If you haven't already done bussiness with him then you need to fix that. Needless to say, I will be watching the video and tying a few flies today. As soon as I tie some flies worth showing off I will.

I've been wanting to see him tie in person for quite a while now........I may have to order one of his video's myself. Let us know what you think about the video.

Mike A.

It's worth the $20. I concidered myself a fair hair spinner. I can tie a decent fly but nothing museum quality. I generally can get even bands I just have trouble with consistancy and density. I picked up so many little tricks it's hard to tell you what I've added. I will tell you one of the things he talked me into buying was the Cermag Rite bobbin...although he didn't have to work hard at it, I've wanted one for a while now. This thing rocks for deer hair work. The drag setting is super consistant and smooth, I just may have to get rid of the four Tiemco bobbins I have now and replace them with a couple of regular Rites. Anyway on to the photos. The first one I tied about a month ago. Nothing special just a base line. The second one is the after "Chris" fly. Much nicer although I still need to put more hair on the hook. This fly was tied with my old hair so I could practice more and save the good stuff when I get better.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sorry for the bad photos, I'm working on that too!

I was lucky enough to take one of his classes a couple of years ago. And if I am ordering hair - no matter for what - I call him. The man is a treasure.

You can call him (and you have to - no web site), tell him what you're tying and he'll pick out the best material for it. His deer hair? Superb.

Good Day,

Not 100% sure but Chris might be at the Mason Fly Tying show in Mason, Michigan this coming weekend, Dec. 3rd. He is sure to be at the North Coast show outside Cleveland in January...

Steelie

yea he will be in mason He is the first table I want to sit down at. I have the option to go early and walk around before the show or go to breakfast and meet some of you all!