Fly Tying
JTaylor

Parachute swap any takers.....

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Threader's klinkhammers arrived today. Really sweet ties!!! What did you use on the body to get the translucent effect? Veeery Niiice. I'll post a picture here later. Thanks again to everyone for joining my first swap as host.

Spanky

Mine are done, but I keep forgetting to bring them into work to drop in the mail... :wallbash:

I'm dedicateing tomorrow on delivory or bust though...

Don

:D :headbang: :D :headbang:

As promised, picture of threader's klinkhammer. This is a really neat tie. The picture doesn't do a good job of showing the translucent effect on the body. The swap box is really looking good. This week will test my patience until I get to the mailbox each day.

Spanky

Threader's Klinkhammer

post-3648-1144639205_thumb.jpg

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Redleg's Dark cahills got here today. We're in the home stretch now. I'll post a pic later.

Threader's klinkhammers arrived today. Really sweet ties!!! What did you use on the body to get the translucent effect?

Thanks.....

I used the poly inside of mylar piping for the post. I tied it down the hook and covered it with fine dry fly dubbing. The Poly from the piping has a real shine to it.

It is better than it looks in the picture, but the pictures good.

:shocking: :shocking:

Dude,

don't scare me like that!! :j_k: :hyst: I thought I had misplaced something. Parachute Hare's Ear is between the green drake and caddis and in front of the dark cahill. This is a pretty awesome group, huh?

Spanky (no longer in cardiac arrest)

Now I see it, thanks for setting me straight. The post is what had me confused (not a hard thing to do).

I used some different post materials on the extras and I didn't remember using turkey flats. You're right, that is a good looking collection of bugs.

Thanks again for hosting the swap.

Dave

Hey Guys,

Mine are going in the mail today. Those flies that Mike has already recieved look great!! Wish mine could compare. Sorry if mine are a little sub-par but I just started tying parachutes for this swap. If any of you guys have any comments on how I can make them any better after you have recieved them please post because I could use the suggestions.

Greendrake,

Don't sweat it. I just started tying parachutes as well for this swap. Mine too went in the mail today. I hope that everyone likes them.

Brian

:yahoo:

Got home from visiting family for Easter. Greendrake's got here safely. I imagime millerwb's will be here tomorrow. I'll post pics and get them out right away.

Spanky

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

millerwb's caddis' arrived today. I will sort them tonight and try to get to the post office tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for making this a great swap. It appears we only had one drop and considering the confusion at the beginning of this swap I figure that is pretty good. I'm posting a final picture of the group and I hope everyone is as excited about them as I am. Great job guys!

Spanky

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

post-3648-1145314936_thumb.jpg

green drake

post-3648-1145315230_thumb.jpg

millerwb

post-3648-1145315455_thumb.jpg

swap box 4/17/06

P.S. 11:20 PM Flies are sorted. Since we had one drop I put one of the extras that some folks sent in each box. Some of you may get one of your own back because I had already filled each box and wanted to make sure you each got a dozen different patterns. I hope that is ok with everyone. If all goes well I'll get them to the post office tomorrow. Again iwant to thank each of you for making this a really neat swap.

Spanky