Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Bead head swap

I have just completed my bead heads. Thats the 8th swap since the 1st of the year. Need an addy and I guess I'll start lookin for another to jump in on

Duckydoty

10 down, 4 to go. I'm gonna take a hiatus for a few days. The Sauger and a few Walleye are biting behind the dam on the Ohio here in Louisville. I'm gonna tie up a few flies the next few days so I can go fishing on Thursday. :yahoo:

Actually talked to a guy at Bass Pro who said that he caught a 4-5 pound Striper a few days ago. Not a Hybrid, either. A full-blown Striper. I hope I catch one of those. I've never caught a Striper before.

steeldrifter thanks for hosting this swap, flies are on the way. Forgot to post, mine hit the mail earlier this week. :wallbash: :)

That was friggin quick!

BTW, I tied some #4 Sparkleminnows (omitting the 12 lead wraps). I envision this fly to be DEADLY for trout (at the river I fish they go nuts over a jerkbait that this fly reminds me of) and are proven Smallmouth flies.

Don't get too frightened by this, but any constructive criticism will be appreciated. I tried to tie them to look like the ones sparkleminnow posted. They reminded me more of a Woolly Bugger or a Mohair Leech rather than a solid chunk of dubbed Angel Hair like I have seen at Bass Pro at times. I think I succeeded, but I'd like some feedback.