Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Blues Brother

You know you've got it bad when...

In biology class we are studying genetics, and my teacher uses a white chicken and a black chicken as an example. With codominant alleles they will breed and make a black/white checkered chicken. You know what i'm thinking? Mmm...grizzly hackle...where can I get a white chicken and a black chicken...

Go ahead! Finish the sentence!

You know you've got it bad when...

Each and every thing you look at could be strapped to a hook! That's a given. I make a living by going to the shore and digging in the exposed tidal mud flats for sea worms. There has been a few days that I spent the whole tide scouring the surf line for feathers. Those days I never made a cent but got a handful of feathers that were Seagull or Heron and illegal and totaly useless, and have never been used.

Taking the family out to dinner and you hear your daughter say from the back seat "uh oh, road kill, now we're going to be late for dinner". :hyst:

My grand daughter has a beautiful fur coat that I bought her (yep, she's spoiled). :baby: Cant wait for her out grow it. :headbang:

You sit in class and instead of figureing out the genetics question at hand, you are trying to figure out if you can breed 2 chicken to get the grizzly hackle you are looking for.

Don't worry your not alone in that thought, we discussed the same thing last week in genetics and I had the same thought.

edit: You know it is bad when you see people wearing coats with fur lined collars and you think.... hmm that would make some good fly tying material, wonder if I could clip a little off without being noticed.

I'm sitting here reading this thread and I should be working!

BFR

mb82, that gives me an idea! I'm going to apply for that job as a coat check person at a local fancy eatin' place. Pay may not be very good, but the perks could be fantastic.

You come home from fishing well past dark and there's a note on the front door that says "Don't come upstairs".

True story about exwife...Happy Flipping Valentines day ! Remember that Ralph??? LOL

You guys are killing me............... :hyst: :hyst: ..and the really honest thing about these posts is that there true.................we all do the same things and allways looking for that something that will tie onto a hook........

An old aunt of mine (bless her) had an antique lamp shade that had real victorian colored silk as tassels............... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: Well they were fantastic pastel shades of greens and reds.............Ok so a few are missing now..............what do I know about it.... :dunno:

Mike............................... B)

... the deputy sheriff pulls up to where you are gearing up to go in the river ...you think he is going to ask to see fishing licenses and then asks if you have seen a "naked guy in tennis shoes" running around down by the river. All you can do is to offer to tie him up with fly line and call the deputy back if you run across him!?!?!?!

This happened to me, armyflyfisherman, and #10 white wolf on the Black River in Upstate NY

Remember the 4 SAIL!!!! :hyst: :yahoo: