Fly Tying

I'm in.

Made 12 Yellow CCC flies. The original was tied by Andy Simon (Winston).

Need an addy to ship them this monday........... it takes about two weeks to get them in the USA.

This is how he fishes it:

How to Fish the Yellow CCC:

I do not even try for carp with blind casting. Instead, it is much easier to spot them and slowly approach. After positioning yourself make your presentation. When you spot a carp with its head in the sand or rocks, and his tail up out of the water or very near it, you can be sure it is feeding. Cast either a bit to the side or a little in front of it, and let the fly sink. If you can cast to the side, you can drag your fly close to the carp. If the fish sees it, it will usually stop its feeding, and tip its head up out of the sand. Once the fish has done this, start striping the fly in 6 inch pulls, very slowly. The carp may start to follow. If it does, slow down the fly to almost a stop. The carp should swim right on top of it and suck it in as a bass would do. Or, your line may become heavy, and the carp will already have the fly in its mouth. When either of these things happen, strip once more. If the weight is there, pull tight and lift your rod. By the time you've realized the fish is on, it will usually be halfway down the flat you are fishing. Your fly line and then your backing will be tearing off your reel at an alarming pace.

Along with many carp, I have also caught smallmouth bass on this fly. I'm sure it would work for trout, but I haven't had the time to try it out yet.

Hello All,

Many thanks to bassgitter74 for hosting this one. It should be an interesting swap.

If there is space, I'd like to get involved with this carp swap. I grew up fishing for these golden ghosts and think that they deserve a lot more respect than they get.

I'd like to tie up some rubber legged hare's ears tied on a bead head scud hook. The scud hook shape allows the hook to ride point up, allowing for the fly to be twitched along the bottom in front of feeding carp without snagging debris. It's my number one go to fly for carp.

Keep it deep,

Whippersnapper

By my count there's still room for three?

Need an addy, made my 12 CCC-flies ready to cross the ocean...............

We now have 9 swappers

1. fly time

2. Moushka

3. oldfart

4. Herman

5. DaUP

6. Carlp5351

7. Whippersnapper

8. Indyflycaster

9. bassgitter74

Please send your flies with a S.A.S.E. to:

Joshua Shock

18872 Shoreline Way

Fayetteville, AR 72703

Dont think so. I tied 12 flies and ship them tomorrow. The Swapmaster is the lucky guy to get the extra flies.

And if someone joins he has got enough :)