Fly Tying
fry

nymph swap..

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I'm leaving Wednesday for some trout fishing in western NC. How is everyone doing? If you haven't posted lately let us hear from you. We're getting close to the deadline. I'd hate for anyone to miss out, there are some really awesome ties so far.

Spanky

Got back from my trip in the wee hours this morning. Flies received from gmaschke and Herman while I was gone. I'll post some pics soon. Had areally great trip. My brother, a buddy of mine, and myself visited with my son and squeezed in some trout fishing between thunderstorms. Not a lot of fish but some nice quality fish. Caught my first trout on flies that I tied and I caught my first brook trout.(3 lbs, 20 inches)

Spanky

post-3648-1148868723_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear you had a good trip! That is a GOOD looking fish. Must have been happy when you hooked that first trout with a fly you tied yourself!

:kicking:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Yes, it was really cool. My first fish was a small brown on a orange soft hackle. I caught the two brook trout on a beadhead olive wooly bugger with a natural marabou tail from the turkey I shot last season. we caught really nice rainbows and browns. Mine were the only two brookies on this trip. The big one was not as colorful as the smaller one but man what a fighter. As soon as I realized what it was I yelled to my brother to get the camera.

The deadline is closing in guys. I think carlp5351's flies are on the way. Still need to hear from fry, gitto wales, baitwaister, and flytime. The black stones from gmaschke are awesome. I wish I had some of the bead head nymphs that Herman tied on my trip. Oh well I guess I'll just have to go back and give them a try. :lol:

I'll download more pics tomorrow

post-3648-1148959039_thumb.jpg

Isonychia's longtail march brown

post-3648-1148959566_thumb.jpg

griefs BH prince

I owe all swapers an aplogie, I sent out my flies middle of last week, I recived them back at my house today. I forgot to put postage on my envolpe. They went back out today with postage. sorry

Carl

:cheers:

No problem carlp5351. I imagine we've all made a mistake along the way. Got a message from flytime, he's been tending to a friend in the hospital but his flies are coming. May need a couple of days to get the last few in. I don't mind a few days extra as long as I know the situation. I think that is one of the biggest issues for most swapmeisters, the guys who keep in touch are easy to give a break to. Besides, these are great ties, well worth the wait. I hope everyone likes BWO's 'cause one of my patterns is a BWO, the other is called a Governor Nymph. I know flytime is doing BWO's also but it never hurts to have a couple of different patterns for BWO's. Here are the latest pics. Still need to hear from baitwaister, fry, and gitto wales. post-3648-1149037572_thumb.jpg

Herman's beadhead nymph

post-3648-1149037793_thumb.jpg

gmaschke's black stone nymph

post-3648-1149038056_thumb.jpg

Spanky's Governor nymph

post-3648-1149038248_thumb.jpg

Spanky's BWO

:headbang: Those are some sweet looking flies!

Can't wait to see them up close. Great work everyone! Thanks for posting pictures Spanky!

:yahoo:

I must apologize to all. I have had mine done for at least two weeks and I am just getting them out today. I know I should be bound in peacock herl and wipped with a 8 wt. Sorry, I hope I am not hanging anybody up.

:D :D :D

Glad to hear you're gonna make it baitwaister. No sweat with me. They should get here in a few days and we'll end up with a really great swap.

Herman and gmaschke. I forgot to thank you both for the neat extras. I don't know what the one with the big eyes is but that's an interesting pattern. I like the sparkly ones you did gmaschke.

Spanky

Nice goodies in the mailbox today. carlp5351's Craven's Jack Flashes were waiting for me when I got home. Beautimous flies, this is going to be a super swap. Couple of more sets and then I'll sort and shoot em back out. Great job guys!

Spanky

PS I'll pics shortly.

post-3648-1149472644_thumb.jpg

carlp5351's Craven's Jack Flash

flytime and baitwaister's are inbound. I still have not heard from fry or gitto wales. I will have to assume they are drops. I'll scatter the extras among swappers or send each swapper two of their own back. which way do you guys want to go. My vote is drop them in a hat and scatter them among swappers. Give me some feedback guys.

Spanky

Spanky you can keep my extras, you deserve them, your one kick ass SM, great communication, sorry mine are so late they should be in your hands Mon or Tues.