Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
robow7

Wet flies / soft hackle

Is it just me or do you think you're seeing a resurgence in soft hackle wet flies. It seems they went out of vogue and all you heard about was dries but lately it seems I'm seeing more articles about the New/old style of flies that have always remained productive.

For guys that hit the water all the time I am not sure the standby ever really went away, but I would definitely agree that they were more or less gone in print and are getting the press again. I will definitely say that they are responsible for a lot of successful fishin days :headbang:

They never quit working, I tie and use them often! During a caddis hatch I love to hang a partridge and green below a caddis dry. I catch 2 to 1 on the wet.

Robow 7:

I totally agree with you. I for one have never stopped tying or fishing with wet flies.

I still use a Black Nose Dace or Mickey Finn for searching a tail out of a pool when nothing is rising or taking a wet or nymph.

Oh, what is that photo of up alongside my name? Hummmm...?

Have a good one.

AKS

Hi robow 7,

I've fished wet flies for years, especially soft hackles. I do admit bead heads have found their way on to some of my soft hackle patterns. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Yes I too see more articles about soft-hackles and I'm a better fishman for them. Long live the soft-hackle :headbang:

I too am seeing more articles on soft hackles.

I love them .. they're fun to tie, look great, and best of all, catch lots of fish.

Castaway

post-5036-1147748380_thumb.jpg