Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Tying Contest - Let The Voting Begin

Will, you are to be commended for your efforts with this contest.

As a group, it's fairly obvious that we have some talent within this group. And if these flies are from only 19 of us, then what we see in this contest is just the proverbial tip of the iceberg when it comes to our collective abilities.

Great job by all! I can see from the entries that this is gonna be close.

BTW, is there any way to get back and view the flies after voting? I'd like to go back and admire some of the patterns again, but because I've already voted I appear to be locked out.

Just curious. smile.gif

wink.gif WAWgreat job everyone and photos will man i hope i understud rite these fly are going in the data base is it all or just winers I vote all go in data . Well i cant wait tell next contest good fishing

Mark,

Yea I will be setting up a page(maybe tomorrow) that will let you guys go back and look at the entire selection of flies.

Keith,

Some people did mail a material list with their flies and I will work on getting them added to the fly pattern database as soon as the contest is over.

Well done everyone. I didn't get as many categories as I would have liked to but am glad to see the flies that are up. I wish I could vote for my own just to know I got at least one vote.

Without telling who you voted for I was wondering how you decided to vote. I chose flies that looked most difficult to tie and seemed to take the greatest effort. If I felt it was a tie I would find the fly that seemed to have the best fish catching ability.

Anyways, thanks Will and everyone should pat themselves on the back. There are some excellent tyers on this board.

I have been going over the flies and the site has to be real proud of the selection..it is very hard for me to pick, especially the over all catagory. There is a lot of talent here.... I am biased to the saltwater area..but the steelhead and trout..and the others are too hard for me to choose.

I'm having a difficult time with the steelhead collection as well.

As with Pat, I'm looking for degree of difficulty and execution. dunno.gif

This is the 4th attempt at voting and still can't. Being a Great Lakes guy, I prefer nymphs, but man those speys....

It is very interesting to watch how people are voting. I am not going to vote simply because I have access to all of the voting results but some of the patterns that I would have voted for are not doing as well as I thought they would.

very impressive flys smile.gif I was going to say how I voted but I did not want to effect how others may do so.

Way to go tyers!

Will:

Not that I'd vote for my own, but I don't see any of the flies that I sent posted, you sure you got them all?

Philly,

It seems like I do remember photograhing a set of flies from you but I don't know how the didn't make it in the contest. When I get home I will see what happened and if your flies are there then I will add them and then I guess we will have to reset the voting. Sorry about that sad.gif

If anyone else does not see their flies please let me know.