Fly Tying
Linesides

Rain rain go away

It rained so hard here about an hour ago I couldn't even see 25ft across the street :blink: we're into our 5th straight day of rain now. Weird thing is the storms are coming out of the East everyday :unsure:

I sure wish you all would send some of that rain to Colorado. I don't think we have had a 1/2 inch of rain in the last two or three months total.

Jim

It gutted the rain down here today, so I went fishen, caught a little bass and a crap load of nice gills :D

I fished today the lake temp has droped easy 10 degrees!!!. I was comfortable in it last week to day it was freakin Cold!!! And the wrost part my dam grass is soooooo long and I may not get to it untill thursday!!!!

Damn Day5 I got a brand new Gravely zero turn mower, and my grass wont even grow enough to use it, it just sits in the garage starring at me every day, its a shame, heck even thought bout mowin the neighbors grass just to use it. :wallbash:

We are over 12 inches now, more to come. The main dam down town has water running over the flanks and it has brown water running through town. The river runs under the business district and the whole street is vibrating.

Im waiting to hear from my dad his drive home to carlise from the city is taking over 2 hours today due to roads being closed I talked to his wife se said the water is contaminated and lots of her4e friends are under water and homeless. I told her to watch out for jessie jackson. He has got to be on his way to good ole mass right now !!!!

I feel ya guys, the northeast has been getting hammered!...it hasn't stopped raining here in a week. i have a 5,000 ft mountain in my backyard and i havnt been able to see it all week....it makes me depressed eventhough we did need the rain...

Wisconsin is getting the same thing. I mowed last night in a drizzle... just shot it out the side. Was getting so long that I thought I'd need to go get a reaper.

Still at zero fish for the year!

Been clear and sunny here. The flowers are blooming and the burds are singing.

Sorry guys, just had to rub it in. I sure wish we had some of that rain. We're on water restriction and can only water the yards three days a week.

We are at the other end of the spectrum. I heard this morning on the news that so far in 2006 we have only had .92 inches of moisture in Colorado Springs. They are calling for a bad wild fire season for us.

How's the cleanup down there Squirrel?

Up here the smaller streams are dropping to fishable levels. Of course, all of the trout that were stocked are now in Connecticut somewhere...

At least it wasn't as bad here in Cheshire County as last October. (Though it sounds like the rest of the state is in shambles.) We almost lost the bridge at the base of the hill in Oct., two dams on the Ashuelot River were bypassed by the river and 5 or 6 people ended up dead. What a mess. The Cold River looks unreal; haven't fished it yet.

Good luck all,

~Nate