Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Big Todd

Parachute Dry Fly Swap

Todd, my flies are in the mail, I wish I could say we were saving the best for last but I don't think that it is the case. :hyst:

I can't wait to see what this swap brings :headbang:

Jeff

OK Saturday was like a fly shop exploded in my mailbox! :blink:

I got flies from Spanky, Majestyja, and Pickin6. All of which are excellent ties.

I also rcvd flies from 2 other people in my Stone Nymph swap and my Streamer swap flies. :bugeyes:

Anyway,this swap is now complete and on time. :headbang: :headbang:

I will try to send them back out to everyone on Friday. Thanks so much for all the extras guys. You will all love this set of parachutes. Jeff and Justin, I think they are as good or better than the beadhead swap! :thumbsup:

Spanky, the crayfish you sent was sweet!! That's one nicely tied fly.

Thanks everyone and I'll get them to you shortly.

BIG TODD

:D :D :D

Glad they got there ok. The crawdad is a copycat of Duckydoty's woven pattern on steroids with a few minor changes. Hope you get to feed it to a very large western trout. I'm hoping Tony and I get to show them to some New River smallmouths soon. Went squirrel hunting with Daddy and Carter Saturday. We just rolled back in from Virginia after dropping Ryan off. He's doing his senior practicum at UVA(Women's Lacrosse). It seems that he will be heading out west soon himself. He has been offered a graduate assistant position at the University of Nebraska, working with the baseball and football teams. I'll keep you posted.

Spanky

OK, everyone's flies are on the way. Thanks for all the extras and for everyone who made this swap go so smoothly. You should see the fly box I have with just extras from this swap. Thank again guys, this was my first attempt at hosting and you guys made it a great experience. I'll be hosting swaps as often as I can, and I hope all of you will be in future swaps!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE! :clapping: :cheers:

BIG TODD

:yahoo: I received mine today...great flies guys, hey beadhead, lookin good...even better than the old fly weaver... :D

:D :D :D

Great job hosting little brother!! Great ties everyone. The trout are definitely in danger when I get these in the water. Thanks everyone.

got mine :yahoo: what an awesome set of flies, trout in my neck of the woods are defentely in danger, thanks to all who tyed & and Todd what a bitchen first swap!!!!! Thanks for hosting.

Justin