Fly Tying
Wiets

Human hair?

Has anybody ever tried using human hair in fly tying? :-)

I have used my hair and trimmed my beard a few times. I can remember a post here before that was simmilar to this. There was a story of how a guy would always put the fly between his teeth to tie it on his leader. As a wedding or bachelor party joke on the guy. A fishing trip was planned. Flies were tied with hair from someones but. The groom to be was told what the flies were tied with when it was between his teeth. Something along those lines

wow that is so wrong yet so satisfying at the same time :devil:

i have heard of human hair being used where extremely fine hair is needed...such as antenne on midges and such.

I think Paul Whillock used his own eye lash for one of his patterns.

Ralph Graves tied a fly for someone with pubic hair they brought to him, I think the fly was for the man's wife I do not know from who the hair came from.

At the CFFCM there is a fly tied as a tribute of somone who was a huge part of the brotherhood of the jungle cock. The man's own hair was used for the fly.

Joe Fox

I tied one fly once with some hair from one of my sister's friends. She was hot, the fly wasn't.

I wanted to tye a fly that was unique to myself. So I cut off a piece of my beard

and used it for tails on a GRHE. It was the proper stiffness and worked fine. The

sad part is I am at that point in life where it is only useful for gray flys. :(

Tom

hmmm....I wonder...My wife owns a beauty salon...I know some of the older ladies that get their hair cut have some thick gray hair...I say ladies because most men don't have as long of hair. I'm sure I could at least make some dubbing :hyst: :hyst: I could probably make enough dubbing for a lifetime for everyone on this forum!! lol

oooooo....I just thought of something...I could get some of the younger crowds hair that has been colored...I could make up so much dubbing of all kinds of colors!!! LOL

Now that you say that, I'm pretty sure I've seen some cree colored heads walking around, and you know how rare cree is.

Now that you say that, I'm pretty sure I've seen some cree colored heads walking around, and you know how rare cree is.

Good one!

Bill