Fly Tying
stony

Fly Tiers Benchside Reference

Well, the other day I went ahead and purchased the FTBSR on CD. It was about $30 cheaper than the book itself so I figured what the hey.

I have been wanting this book for awhile and have heard nothing but great things about it.

Anyways I pop the CD in to start perusing and I realized I should have bought the book instead. This is my first e-book and it's in PDF format and it's just hard to peruse. It's hard to explain but I think I am more attuned to reading things out of a paper style book.

Anybody else have this problem with e-books?

I am stuck on a computer all day at work going through orders and emails, so when I get home I like to have my books in print form. I find something nice about sitting down and leafing through a book instead of scrolling with a mouse. :dunno:

Ditto Amazon. Had mine for 2 years now. Great "investment."

I stayed glued to a computer screen 12 to 14 hours a day. I don't want to read books on it too. For reference works especially, I like being able to flip pages, stick my finger in, scan ahead, etc., etc. all of which doesn't work so hot in pdf format.

I have had the book since it was published and for $66 it is a steal. I paid $90 9 years ago. The CD would be a good thing to have when travelling, the book is a monster!

"For what it's worth the book is available on Amazon for $66 including free shipping."

Unfortunately not to Australia.

I'd kill for a paper copy but it will cost as much agin to ship to Tasmania.

I even left hints all round the house at Christmas, circled magazines etc.... Nothing!!!

I had both. I still have the book but I ended up giving the CD to a friend. I found the CD just way to hard to search and use. Book is much better IMO. You can always print off the CD pages, but the book is huge so if you printed off alot of it you would end up spending $500 in ink cartridges :blink: