Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Hellgrammite swap pt. 1

Still have not tied the last couple of my flies guys, I have been pretty busy lately, and will get them wrapped up and out asap!!!

Dustin

Sorry, mine just went out today. Had a busy 7 days last week. Here is a hand full of Hellgies. I call this pattern "Bass Candy"

Conehead

post-1314-1175570486_thumb.jpgpost-1314-1175570041_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dustin,

Thanks Dustin,

This is a proven pattern for me and many of my friends on the Susquehanna. I tied the first one up about 6 years ago and on the first cast pulled a 16 inch smallie. It slammed small-mouth ever since. It's tied on a 1/0 hook. The Malibu tail has lots of action and this fly is heavily weighted. I use a full lead strip from a pack of Twistons (made by Amilog Company).

This puppy is difficult to cast with anything other than an 8 weight, but the weight gets it down fast, great in heavy current where the big boys hide out.

Conehead

:headbang: I need an addy!!!! Luvin I sent you some of my fav bass flies also to play with!! :devil:

post-2608-1175687425_thumb.jpg

New bass flies, whoooo!! Thanks!

As these Helgies arrive and as I see the pics, I'm really getting excited about all the possibilities. Fish on!

Wow, you guys are tying some great flies, I feel a little intimidated, but I am excited to see your patterns and try to repilicate a few.