Fly Tying
breambuster

Killer Big Bluegill Fly Swap

Ncbluegills, I'm sorry. We originally said 18 & we reached that number with billy who posted before you. I, personally, have no problem with having more than 18, but I need to make sure it's OK with the rest of the group.

So how about it guys??? We have a 19th swapper wanting to sign up, & a couple of "maybe's" who haven't been on the site since I posted the swap? How large are you all willing to go?

BB

Ncbluegills, I'm sorry. We originally said 18 & we reached that number with billy who posted before you. I, personally, have no problem with having more than 18, but I need to make sure it's OK with the rest of the group.

So how about it guys??? We have a 19th swapper wanting to sign up, & I have sent out invitations to a couple of guys who haven't been back online since. How large are you all willing to go?

BB

My opinion is that we can stretch to 20, but not beyond that. I'd like to see some of these new guys get in.

Billy, just hold on until I can get a reply from the other swappers. I am sending out PM's to everyone.

However, beyond a couple of "maybe's" this swap is now closed.

BB

OK, here's the call. ncbluegills & billy are both in. That brings us to 19 swappers. One of the "Maybe's will not be able to participate, & I haven't heard from the other, as of yet. If he joins, that will give us 20 & each swapper will need to tie 19 flies. If not, we will close it with ncbluegills at 19, and each swapper will need to send in 18 flies. But 19 is the most we will have to tie. I hope I will hear something from the other "Maybe" by tonight, and I will post again when I do.

Thanks to all for your cooperation with this. That's one of the things I really like about this website. There are some really good people here.

Take care

BB

How many extras do you have?? 20 is going to kill me!!! I have more fles to get done now than I know what to do with!!!! I probably shoud back out. I hate to but.... Ill take a look again and let you know.

Thanks everyone for being so nice to the newbie. I'll still understand if I get cut from the list, no problem. Just found the forum today and joined. Been tying for few years, but the swap thing will be a first for me. thanks again for making me fill at home.

Tight Lines ncbluegill

OK, Before anything else happens, I need to close this swap. I am going to let Pat Carroll in & this swap will close with 20. That means that each swapper will need to do 19 flies. I had no idea, when we began that there would be this kind of interest. I thought we would be lucky to get 12, and 18 was the absolute outside limit of my imagination. I hope that this will not be too many flies for anyone to do.

Again, each swapper will need to contribute 19 flies. Thanks to all who have joined. Thanks to others who might be interested. We will have to have a Killer Big Bluegill Swap #2 at a later date, & perhaps some that couldn't join this time can get in on that one.

Thanks again, to all.

BB

OK, Before anything else happens, I need to close this swap. I am going to let Pat Carroll in & this swap will close with 20. That means that each swapper will need to do 19 flies. I had no idea, when we began that there would be this kind of interest. I thought we would be lucky to get 12, and 18 was the absolute outside limit of my imagination. I hope that this will not be too many flies for anyone to do.

Again, each swapper will need to contribute 19 flies. Thanks to all who have joined. Thanks to others who might be interested. We will have to have a Killer Big Bluegill Swap #2 at a later date, & perhaps some that couldn't join this time can get in on that one.

Thanks again, to all.

BB

I can live with 19... I figured there'd be 18 in the swap when I joined so planned on tying 22 or so of the pattern anyway. There's always 1 or 2 that just turn out wonky. Can't wait to get these flies back... very impressive list of tiers and extremely interesting pattern selections.