Fly Tying
breambuster

Killer Big Bluegill Fly Swap

OK guys, as promised, here is the long-awaited post. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I put EVERYTHING into the mail today. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: PLEASE let me know when your flies arrive. I would like to note on my original post when you get your flies. This is a great set. Thanks to everyone for your participation and for great work from everyone. I hope you "catch a sackful" with these flies.

And Day5, I'm still waiting for that tying info on the d5 nymph. :D :help: :)

BB

I WILL get to it but not this week!!! Im busy with orders but I will do one for you all

Suh-weet!

The gills are just moving onto their beds here... couple more warm days and they'll be red hot! This couldn't time out any better.

And I'll be looking for that tying recipe, D5!

Hello Swappers! I'm tracking the progress of the flies as they begin to arrive at your addresses. On the original post of this swap, I'm indicating when you receive your flies. "Completed" means that you have posted that your flies have arrived. So far, I have that Pat Carroll, ncbluegills, Mr. McGinty, Madkasel & Griff have all received your flies. As the rest of you receive yours, please let me know so I can continue to track the progress of each set. After all, the swap isn't completed until each of you receives your set.

Again, I would like to thank each of you for your participation in this swap and for a GREAT set of flies.

With such an overwhelmingly successful swap, I am, of course, already thinking about "Bluegill Swap #2." I am thinking that in the next swap, I will ask for your most PRODUCTIVE bluegill fly. If that is what you've already submitted, then you can get in with your SECOND best fly. My only question is WHEN to hold this swap. It seems that swap activity has slowed down, probably because more & more of you are able to get to the water to actually use all the great flies you've acquired this fall & winter through the swaps. If there were to be sufficient interest in doing it now, that would be great, but if the consensus is to wait until fall, we can do that to. If anyone has a preference, let me know. When we decide on when to hold #2, I will open the swap, as we normally do, & those wishing to join can do so.

Thanks again to all.

BB

Got 'em. Great set of flies. Thanks everyone, and thanks breambuster for hosting this one.

Here's my broken-arm boy (within 24 hours of the break) with a bluegill he stripped in with your fly, chase creek!! We went for a walk around the duck park ... my wife loves to see the baby ducks with their moms ... and brought along my 3 wt. and the tin of flies from this swap. And a forceps for getting the hooks out, thank God. We spotted a school of little gills and made a few casts to it. They absoluetly inhaled this fly, and made my boy very happy!

IPB Image

I have mine - THANKS to all, it is time to go and catch some more fishies....

Got 'em. Great set of flies. Thanks everyone, and thanks breambuster for hosting this one.

Here's my broken-arm boy (within 24 hours of the break) with a bluegill he stripped in with your fly, chase creek!! We went for a walk around the duck park ... my wife loves to see the baby ducks with their moms ... and brought along my 3 wt. and the tin of flies from this swap. And a forceps for getting the hooks out, thank God. We spotted a school of little gills and made a few casts to it. They absoluetly inhaled this fly, and made my boy very happy!

IPB Image

That kid's hardcore! :headbang:

Mine arrived a few days ago and they look great! I'm gonna take the tin with me too, so I can put 'em to use.

Hey guy's Mine came in over the weekend while i was in texas so i just got to look at them

thanks everyone looks like a great batch,,,,,,,,,,thanks fer hostin BB and count me in on the

next one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B

I got my flies on Friday. No bluegills yet, but I did manage about 7 or 8 small largemouths on that stealth bomber. Two while stripping it in erraticly and the rest letting it sit motionless on the surface. They weren't very big, but quite the ride on the 3 weight I use for gill fishing.

Great flies everyone. Thanks for hosting, Breambuster :headbang:

I got my flies on Friday. No bluegills yet, but I did manage about 7 or 8 small largemouths on that stealth bomber. Two while stripping it in erraticly and the rest letting it sit motionless on the surface. They weren't very big, but quite the ride on the 3 weight I use for gill fishing.

Great flies everyone. Thanks for hosting, Breambuster :headbang:

Glad the stealth is working for you there Terry Lee. It's my go to bait for LARGE GILLS and a largemounth from time to time. Check out this site http://www.flyfishga.com/stealth.htm THis is where you can find the pattern for the stealth along with several other productive flies. I went on a trip to Callaway Gardens a few years back and fished with Kent Edmonds. He showed me the stealth and I've been fishing it ever since. I fish a small trailer behind the stealth from time to time. It will realy dart and dive like crazy with the trailer tied above the barb of the hook. Good luck on the Gills. :)

Hey I got mine just before our long weekend. Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I have been out cutting brush and rounding up foam animals!

Great flies from a great swap. Good job BB hope to see you in the Fall! :)

got em last week. tanks again BB. and thanks to everyone for tyin em up. great set of gill flies here