Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Ideas box 5

Swap Box 5  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is for ideas for helping to make things run smoother

1.Include phone number

2.Certain amount of post to join?

3.Limit to no longer than 4 day turn around

4.Switching things up a little,possibly making to boxes -one for East -one for west coast

5.Each box will return and i'll rearrange to send in othe direction

6.A list will be made and printed out,Each member will sign and date when recieved and mailed out.

7.Communacation is biggest thing,if no responce i'll will contact you.

If any one can think of other things lets hear them,and if you don't like something iv'e put here say so.We just want to make things run well with out delays.

Rick

Sounds good to me, although I usually get it back in circulation in about 2 days. I have no problems pm'ing my phone number to the swapmeister just in case.

Either way I'm still in.

Fatman

Well keep idea coming gang.So far it seems keeping with the same format we've had is the outlook

1.Include phone number

2.Certain amount of post to join?

3.Limit to no longer than 4 day turn around

6.A list will be made and printed out,Each member will sign and date when received and mailed out.

7.Communacation is biggest thing,if no responce i'll will contact you.

8.Here is something thats seems to happen everytime.When a member has a package for only another member or has something in it for each of us and to only take one so everyone gets one keep it that way.Notice alot that stuff Bud and Graham put in the box alot of the members looking forward to these surprises and end up getting shafted.Bowfin had put packages in also that others never had the chance to see.If we all are honest it will work out.The box is really starting to improve.Yes we still have things that no one wants but some one might.

9.This round everyone had done great in putting stuff in zip lock bags.Another idea to keep this going and make things neater ,We continue this with each members name write on bags.That way we know who sent what.Bags also help to control infestation of little creachers riding along.

I find not knowing what material is interesting and exciting at the same time.Makes the mind work on how to use the material.I'm just trying to help make things go smoother, alittle quicker and to help keep each member happy with joining the box.But the biggest and hardest hurrdle we need to overcome is each member to do their part in making this fun for everyone.i may be rambling i'll blame it on the drugs. :wallbash:

TT

I've got to say with a few small problems everything went fairly well but let's not put so many restrictions and stipulations on it that everyone wants to drop out either.

Fatman

In the event that a person joining this swap box has to have a certain amount of posts to participate, what will be the number of posts needed? I was in the last swap, was near the end of the rotation, received the box and it was dropped off at the Post Office 15 hours later. I realize I may not have as many posts as others and I don't really want to run up my post count with alot of rambling. It was a fun swap and I look forward to participating in another in the future. If someone knows, could you please include in this list of ideas for the next swap box what number of posts are required to participate.

Thanks,

Kerusso

Alright everybody,don't get to excited yet this is just to get idea's from everyone to help make things move a little better.We don't want to scare any one off with to many rules.The same format will be kept.This is all for fun and members enjoyment.So this is what i've come up with as my finall .If you all can think of any thing else speak now so ya can't complain later.

1.Send swap meister with name,addy,and number when we start.

2.I'd say 25 post to join.

3.Same as other boxes limit turn around on box.I'll give 4 days to have it back out.

4.When recieved post and when shipped post.

5.I will make up sheet with names and addy,Beside each sign and date recieved and shipped-Help with #4

6.Go with #4-#5 communication is our biggest hurdle if you have a problen please let us know.Better to hear something than nothing.

7.If something is put in the box for everyone or for a specific person please make sure you only take one or leave the package in for that one person.

8.Please have fun and make this enjoyable for all members :yahoo: :yahoo:

9.Lets try not to bash other members if no respoce is done right away,things do happen in life thats out of our control.

If any one has any more ideas please let us know so we can address them with yes or no.

Rick

TT rather than a minimum number of posts I think a minimum number of successful swap participations would be a better indicator.

This would be a bit more work for you as each person would need to PM you links to say anywhere from 3 to 5 recent swaps that they participated in.

How about posting a tracking number on here when you ship the box? This way we all know where the box is including in transit.

I also have another idea. I think we should make swappers accountable for their actions. Lets say if someone turn the box around in more than 10 days, this swapper will be banned from future box swaps. If more than 30, banned from all box/fly swaps on FTF! This rule can be excused only by death, death in a family, business trip or vacation with prior notification on the swap thread, EOTW (End Of The World). :devil: