Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

gage, I don't understand your impatience. Take it from me, since I have seen a lot of the flies in the "mystery swap boxes"Alll you will see is a great variety of quality flies made by some talented fliers, then the problem comes up, which should I take and replace. PATIENCE! PATIENCE! PATIENCE!!

Hope that made it easier!!!

Hang in there

Pat Carroll

I didn't mean for my post to suggest that I was being impatient...

I apologize if you took it like I was being impatient. Anticipation means: the feeling of looking forward to something.

I am looking forward to seeing the box in person. I should have thought before posting, and I apologize for that.

p.s I hope this does not offend you. :(

gage

gage

I was not offended at all,I can your understand wanting to get your hands on the box. Sorry for the way my message came thru, will do better at communicating. Have a great holiday .

Pat Carroll

Box went out priority mailing this very morning (*1130 ish). As I have been working diligently on my trout fly skills, I felt compelled to include them in this round...should anyone have any helpful advice, please feel free to PM me...still sometimes struggle with the porportioning and placement of the wings, but it's finally coming together....need to invest in a good dry fly neck...But I digress. Brent the box is on its way....GREAT FREAKIN' ROUND! This one gets better and better!

Cycle 3 is moving right along, great job!!

1. rich5665 - new jersey -received the box

2. kerusso - north carolina - received the box

3. bassbugn - virginia - received the box

4. flyfisher13 - kentucky - received the box

5. bigdaddyhub - kentucky - received the box

6. aroostookbasser - maine - brent , hold onto your hat!!

7. smalltownfisherman - wisconsin -heres to the birthday tyer, i'm a virgo, also!! born on labor day!!

8. cencalfly - california

9. will - pennsylvania

10. trouttraveler - michigan

11. smalliefanatic - washington

12. AFTier - california

13. patcarroll - california

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

BDH forgot to mention that our son chose one of the flies. He had been dying to keep just one of the flies from the box so I let him this round and he put in one of his flies that he tied. Hope that was ok with everyone. Thanks

Jamie

great idea, gives us a chance to see the talents of the up and coming tyers. hopefully your son can use the fly and give us an update. With the amount of flies in the boxes, they need to be put to the test, who better than the younguns to try them out.

Have a good one

Pat

Thanks Pat, He is so excited that we BDH has been teaching him to start tying some soft hackles and now after he finishes his homework he goes to his vise. He may want add to the next round. We will see on his improvement. Thanks again, Jamie

I'm beginning to see a pattern emerging. Seems like our kids are starting to get involved :headbang: Must be all the cool bugs in the box

Received a nice letter of appreciation from Casting For Recovery ,for the donation of flies from the 13 tyers of the "mystery swap." kudos to all, great job.

Anxious to hear from aroostookbasser.

Have a good one

Pat

Received a message from aroostookbasser, he's deep in the boonies of maine,on the trail of some bears. He's already had some success with the bears. The "mystery box" landed on saturday, his wife will mail it out very shortly. He sends his best and continues to be all pumped up, about our swap.

Gage, I guess you know who's next on the bubble, you seem to be ready, as well as others. We certainly have an awesome thing going on , and it seems to get "more better and more better!!!" Thanks for making things happen.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Bear Meat. Sounds Good. aroostookbasser I'll take my Bear Steak medium rare please. Will BDH see some Bear Fur in the next round of the Mystery Material Swap?

The "mystery box" should be heading west from latest reports.

Cycle 3 is moving right along, great job!!

The " mystery box" should be heading west!!!

1. rich5665 - new jersey -received the box

2. kerusso - north carolina - received the box

3. bassbugn - virginia - received the box

4. flyfisher13 - kentucky - received the box

5. bigdaddyhub - kentucky - received the box

6. aroostookbasser - maine - the bear man received the box

7. smalltownfisherman - wisconsin -on the hot seat and rarin for some action

8. cencalfly - california - hi sierra guy is tryin to stay cool, me too

9. will - pennsylvania

10. trouttraveler - michigan

11. smalliefanatic - washington

12. AFTier - california