Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

Okay,

I found the address...

The box should ship soon. :D

This has been the most exciting swap I have participated in to date! :headbang:

Thanks guys!

gage

Keep the back deck hosed down, Pat! Can't have our swapmeister burning up in a cross draft! Gage, which of my flies did you get? I've been working on dry flies lately and just wondered what you or others thought of them...they need a little tweaking....

I got one that looks like a mayfly and it has the special wings that look like pantyhose... very nice fly! :thumbup:

I also took the blue popper that ff13 tied. :D

Hope you have lots of fish on that blue popper. Was it the light blue or the black with the blue glitter coat over it? Either one is always good for the bass around here especially in the evening at dusk or early morn or on overcast days. I have taken some nice fish on popper like that one. Have fun!!!

1. rich5665 - new jersey -received the box

2. kerusso - north carolina - received the box

3. bassbugn - virginia - received the box

4. flyfisher13 - kentucky - received the box

5. bigdaddyhub - kentucky - received the box

6. aroostookbasser - maine - the bear man received the box

7. smalltownfisherman - wisconsin -received the box

8. cencalfly - california - high sierra man is on the bubble

9. will - pennsylvania - catching a lot of fish and the box is getting close

10. trouttraveler - michigan

11. smalliefanatic - washington

12. AFTier - california

13. patcarroll - california

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Don't know about you people, but this californee guy is having a lot of fun with this swap Thanks for the dialog. I think things are starting to get interesting.

Have a good one, Pat

TICK..TOCK...TICK..TOCK...Cencalfly you are getting very sleepy..send Will all your steelhead flies...TIC..Tock....

Actually i hope not.. cause as of right now my arms are very sore!! Must have hooked 400-500 Salmon in past few days and they are just plain crazy!! Been a long time since i have fought fish with so much spunk!! Don't know why but first couple days up here and was up way before the Sun.. now it's like ok let's let the sun come up and maybe we will hit it at noon!! Am glad to hear the box is moving right along!!

cencalfly,great hearing from you. Have fun checking the flies out. yosemite and the high sierras must be somethng special now!!!

will, now that you have gotten some rest from reeling in all those fish, get ready for the next fly explosion.I bet the fall colors ,in my old neck of the woods ,are awesome.

The "mystery box" goes for a 3000 mile jaunt.

Thanks to all for making this a super swap!!! have a good one,

Pat

Yo guys i'm alive and posting......

Using laptop and local wifi.......

Awesome box...sorry I have been out of the loop.

Still hunting......bears and now moose......soon birds and bunnies!!!!!!!

Great hearing from you , brent. The swap is moving along well, while you have been living the life of "the mountain man". Hope your efforts are working out well. your dialog has been missed.

This neck of the woods has cooled off somewhat, but the forecast is calling for some heavy santa ana winds, tonight. Who knows what mother nature has in store.

Have a good one

Pat

Weather is still nice here Pat.. we are getting those nice crisp days and cool, nights..I have included a couple pictures to see if i could make you home sick a bit!!

post-4410-1254354370_thumb.jpg

post-4410-1254354578_thumb.jpg

Wow , will you certainly succeeded in bringing back some fond memories. The red maple leaves and beautiful forest scenes are special.That cool nip in the air of autumn sure perks a person up.

Thanks for sharing.

pat

beautiful colors....are those current pics? Everything that isn't dead is still very green here...good colors hit around Halloween or just a wee bit before...

cencalfly have you heard of kirman lake, in the bridgeport area? the local paper is calling it a hot spot for large brook trout and lahontan cutthroat trout.They suggest to bring a float tube and the fly rod!!! use a hiking trail off sonora pass road.

has anyone heard from troutraveler lately? I have sent him a message or two recently and no feedback, more than likely busy with the horse. he and I have been in swaps since the fall of 2003.

beautiful colors....are those current pics? Everything that isn't dead is still very green here...good colors hit around Halloween or just a wee bit before...

Big Daddy Hub... Yes they are from this year.. But they are from Bradford county up near New York State border.. i live in York which is closer to the Maryland border..I have a cabin up there and this time of year spend quite a bit of time there..

Pat..Have you ever heard of a Fly called a Honey Bug?? They are true killers on Brookies and Browns around here and are very simple to tie!! They were first tied by Paul Berger and are made of a special Chenille.. If you haven't i will tie and bunch up and put into the box.. simple tie but soooo effective!!